Principal Consultant at Talent Leads Consultants
Views:299 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Senior Manager - Global Indirect Taxes - FMCG/Consumer Durable/Manufacturing (10-18 yrs)
Job Purpose: Responsible for Indirect Tax Matters (GST & Customs) of the Consumer Care and Lighting Division
1. Responsible and accountable for GST and Customs law compliances across the division in India and group companies abroad - monthly returns, annual returns, handling GST/Customs Audits, reconciliations with accounts.
2. Working closely with the Corporate Controlling and CCLG division controlling teams to aggregate information from MIS/Accounts to identify areas requiring compliance attention from Indirect Tax compliance perspective.
3. Handle GST Audits and Department enquiries/questions across multiple registrations in India of the CCLG division.
4. Compliance of all aspects relating to state fiscal incentives available to the division, both under GST (Budgetary support and new Incentives) and Customs law (MEIS, Drawback, EPCG, Advance License etc)
5. Provide overall indirect tax guidance to entities of the division across various geographies outside India and track their compliance from time to time through dash boards/checklists.
6. Escalating exceptions from time to time and develop a plan for risk mitigation.
Stakeholder Engagement :
1. Lead discussions with various stakeholders in business areas such as logistics, channel partners, manufacturing location and Finance heads to address issues in business having an impact on Indirect Tax strategy, compliance and risk.
2. Actively engage with state level authorities and department of industries to avail and monetise incentives available under industrial policy.
3. Liaise with consultants, advisors on various aspects of Indirect Taxes
4. Understand complexities of the business environment in outside India Geographies and lead in developing strategies in Indirect Tax management.
5. Engage with other businesses of the Company to understand/share and implement best practices and encourage cross functional team development.
1. Engagement with counsels and other stakeholders in handling legacy litigations under the Pre GST regime.
2. Liaise with Counsels from expert opinions from time to time on various aspects of GST/Customs.
3. Briefing counsels on all aspects of litigation from time to time.