Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:327 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Senior Manager - Global Compliance & Payroll - Consulting Firm (10-14 yrs)
About the role-
- Being a position that falls in the senior cadre, the role itself is an exciting mix of Research into the Individual taxation and payroll compliance universe of significant global economies of the world, and being able to create and maintain a Robust management information system to record, track and review these global payroll compliances for multinational companies.
- In your role, you will lead the Research and delivery teams of Multi country Payroll processing and payroll compliances. You will be responsible for developing the payroll products for multiple countries and ensuring Client delivery on an ongoing basis.
- Your role will be predominantly client facing and you will be responsible for building and nurturing client relationships.
- Tailoring our solutions to the clients specific business models and compliance needs will be a key element of client acquisition in which you will play an important role. You will work closely with our associate firms to ensure seamless delivery to clients.
- You will also be involved in negotiating contracts with clients and back to back arrangements with the local associate firms.
- Apart from holding the Research and Delivery function for the expansion mode that we are presently in, we will provide you with an opportunity to delve into new avenues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Payroll team
- Review work of team members
- Training existing/ new employees
- Resource and work allocation
- Overall planning and monitoring
- In Excel (CTC Reconciliation, Variance Analysis, etc)
- Develop and monitor Key Matrices for Payroll process
- Client liaison
- Process improvement
Educational qualifications preferred
Category: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Professional Course
Degree: BCom, MBA, CA, MCom, CS, ICWA
Required work experience
Industry: Accounting & Finance and Strategy/ Management Consulting Firm
Desired Candidate Profile
To be tailor-fit: for the above role, you need to have,
- A dynamic personality and a passion for perfection to suit the organizations needs
- A Chartered Accountant (preferably) with 10 to 12 years of experience in multi-country payroll compliances with a very good understanding of payroll taxation, individual taxation, and the payroll compliance universe.
- A flair for leading a team of at least 35-40 and bringing about the best in people
- An ability to understand the departmental goals and objectives and link them with the day to day operations.
- The ability to independently carry out research on aspects/issues arising on Income Tax, Payroll taxes, labor compliances, etc.
- The ability to translate legal requirements into compliance charts/checklists, including processes to accomplish compliance
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills ability to develop relationships, issue resolution, dealing with escalations
- Be a self-starter
- Agility in understanding other ancillary requirements, for example, data protection laws and security related to the handling of personnel and financial information.
- Understand technology and the latest trends in enabling technology-driven solutions to payroll processes
- Commercial Awareness: Able to understand the key business issues that affect the profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximize success.
- Customer Service: Exceeding customer expectations by displaying a total commitment to identifying and providing solutions to the highest possible standards aimed at addressing customer needs.
- Diversity: Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences, and encourages others to do likewise.
- Independence: Actions based on own convictions rather than on a desire to please others. Is prepared to challenge others and has the courage to stand up for what they believe to be right.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Awareness of other people and the environment and their own impact on these. Actions indicate consideration for the feelings and needs of others, (but not to be confused with sympathy).
- Leading People: Motivates, enables, and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate styles. Has a clear vision of what is required and acts as a positive role model.
- Openness to Change: Proactively supports the change and effectively adapts his/her approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
- Organizational Collaboration: Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. Actions taken are focused on the organization. Working with others towards a common purpose.
- People Development: Developing the skills and competencies of subordinates through training and development activities related to current and future jobs.
- Strategic Perspective: Takes account of a wide range of longer-term issues, opportunities, and contingencies. Identifies the means of implementing plans in line with the vision and direction.
Perks and Benefits
Salary will not be a constraint for a deserving candidate