Senior Manager - Global Compliance & Payroll - Consulting Firm (10-14 yrs)
Research and development:-
As a Payroll Subject Matter Expert, you will be responsible for developing the Payroll Compliance Universe for multiple countries in which our clients operate and translating that understanding into robust delivery processes.
The role involves technical research into the payroll compliance universe of various countries including India. You will also work closely with overseas associate firms for last mile connectivity and staying up to date with the changes in legislation and compliance requirements in the respective countries.
This will involve:
- Payroll compliance matrix for different countries, including India.
- Income tax laws of different countries including payroll taxation (including perquisites like ESOP)
Setting up new process
- Preparation of Payroll Compliance Universe for Client companies in different countries
- Concept and design for setting up new process to implement processing and compliance activities
- Preparing detailed process maps / manuals after understanding client circumstances and customizing the compliance universe for the Client company
- Process Migrations
- Stabilizing and monitoring the process
Recruitment and Training and Development of team
It also involves managing a research and delivery team and being responsible for their performance and outcomes. This includes
- Defining the role of various levels within the team structure, Identifying the right skill sets for each level, recruitment of right people at each level.
- Training the team members on technical aspects of payroll and compliances and how to deliver the compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor performance of team members on a regular basis and give constructive feedbacks for the team development
You will work closely with clients to understand their business and operating model in each country, and act as the Client Service Manager for multiple clients and will be responsible for holding it conceptually and operationally. Broadly this includes:
- Project Management during set up phase, for multiple clients
a. Oversee deliverables
b. Process efficiency
c. Supervise team
d. Liaison with client
- Revisit the delivery model from time to time refine it, improve efficiency
- Review the Payroll Manual on periodic basis
- Prepare training material and conduct training on monthly basis
- Oversee the operations and monitor the health of the projects.
- Escalations management including conducting RCA and putting in place corrective actions.
Planning and Advisory
In many cases, the client engages us to advise them on the salary structuring, various payroll related registrations, set-up and ongoing/ recurring payroll compliance for a newly incorporated Indian or Overseas entity. You will work with the client by developing a framework to assist them in their international expansion activities.
Commercial Awareness: Able to understand the key business issues that affect profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximize success.
Customer Service: Exceeding customer expectations by displaying a total commitment to identifying and providing solutions of the highest possible standards aimed at addressing customer needs.
Diversity: Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do likewise.
Independence: Actions based on own convictions rather than on a desire to please others. Is prepared to challenge others and has the courage to stand up for what they believe to be right.
Interpersonal Sensitivity: Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these. Actions indicate a consideration for the feelings and needs of others, (but not to be confused with sympathy).
Leading People: Motivates, enables and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate styles. Has a clear vision of what is required and acts as a positive role model.
Openness to Change: Proactively supports change and effectively adapts his/her approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
Organisational Collaboration: Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation. Actions taken are focussed on the organisation. Working with others towards a common purpose.
People Development: Developing the skills and competencies of subordinates through training and development activities related to current and future jobs.
Strategic Perspective: Takes account of a wide range of longer-term issues, opportunities and contingencies. Identifies the means of implementing plans in line with the vision and direction.
To be tailor-fit for the above skillsets, you need to have,
- A dynamic personality and a passion for perfection to suit the organizations needs
- A Chartered Accountant (preferably) with 10 to 12 years of experience in multi-country payroll compliances with a very good understanding of payroll taxation, individual taxation, and the payroll compliance universe.
- A flair for leading a team of at least 35-40 and bringing about the best in people
- An ability to understand the departmental goals and objectives and link them with the day to day operations.
- The ability to independently carry out research on aspects/issues arising on Income Tax, Payroll taxes, labour compliances etc.
- The ability to translate legal requirements into compliance charts / checklists, including processes to accomplish compliance
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills ability to develop relationships, issue resolution, dealing with escalations
- Be a self starter
- Agility in understanding other ancillary requirements, for example, data protection laws and security related to handling of personnel and financial information.
- Understand technology and the latest trends in enabling technology driven solutions to payroll processes
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.