Director HR at The Skill Labs
Views:7071 Applications:239 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Senior Manager/General Manager - Credit Control - BFS (10-20 yrs)
About the role:
- There should be a close liaison between the credit controller and the marketing /sales department so that credit issues are resolved smoothly.
- Checking customer's credit situation
- Deciding whether or not to offer the credit
- Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Company
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company's policies and GST regulations
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Propose write off of irrecoverable receivables
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the CFO or Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence
- If any customers stop paying or pay late then it's your responsibility to stop the providing services, start legal action to collect the money owed (if necessary) and in the case of bankruptcy you'll have to report to your higher management about the strategies to make sure you can recover what you can.
- You are expected to regularly review the company's debt recovery procedures.
- Work on Payables (DPO), Customer categorization etc
1. More than 4 years of experience as Finance Controller in an organization preferably in B2B domain.
2. Sound understanding of relevant local and global accounting standards and rules.
3. Certified CA/MBA Finance
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.