Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:857 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Senior Manager/General Counsel - Legal - BFSI (15-18 yrs)
The Deputy General Counsel will be responsible for:
- Overall supervision and responsibility of the internal operations of Office of General Counsel (- OGC- ).
- To oversee the formulation and implementation of the goals and plans to improve the overall efficiency of the OGC.
- Independently represent the OGC in matters as determined by the General Counsel.
- To provide legal advice, guidance and representation to the management and the leadership team on legal matters concerning the Firm and work collaboratively with the management and leadership team.
- Pro-actively and independently engage in strategy discussions with leadership and external counsels on legal matters affecting the Firm;
- Preparation and administration of the team budget and oversee the management of the resources and personnel of OGC.
- To promote the objectivity and efficacy of the OGC.
- To independently work on problem/conflict identification, analysis and resolution as required.
- To work on board and committee administration.
- Oversee the selection, retention, management, evaluation and liaise with all outside counsels.
- Monitoring legal compliances of the Firm;
- Be able to weigh risks against operational needs to develop reasoned recommendations, including risk mitigation strategies, and provide sound legal advice.
- To keep abreast of the latest changes in laws in India and apprise the relevant stakeholders and to develop appropriate mechanisms and strategies to comply with the same with minimal disruptions.
- Perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Managing and motivating the OGC team around an organization's mission, goals, and vision.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge by attending educational workshops, conferences, seminars, reviewing publications etc.
- The Deputy General Counsel should be self- motivated and efficiently work within the deadlines.
- Should be open to travel as and when required.
Qualification and Attributes:
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Law Degree (graduate/post graduate) from a well ranked law school/university.
- Minimum of fifteen- eighteen (18-20) years of post-qualification experience in working in leading law firms and corporates.
- Excellent drafting skills and oral/written communication including public speaking/media communication.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Good network with external counsels.
- Familiarity with laws applicable to service-sector and governing the conduct of professionals.
- Experience with governance, risk management and compliance.
- Have broad range of knowledge and skill on legal matters.
- High customer/stakeholder-oriented focus toward achieving the Firm's strategic objectives, mission and vision.
- Team focused attitude.
- Flexible approach to problem solving.
- Able to interact with stakeholders, internal clients and leadership in a highly efficient and timely manner.
- Business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and perform under stress and adopt effective courses of action.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in connection with the legal work of OGC.
- Demonstrate impeccable work-ethics, integrity and trust, with no history of disciplinary offences in any capacity.