Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:1412 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Senior Manager/General Counsel - Legal - BFSI (15-18 yrs)
The Deputy General Counsel will be responsible for:
- Overall supervision and responsibility of the internal operations of Office of General Counsel (- OGC- ).
- To oversee the formulation and implementation of the goals and plans to improve the overall efficiency of the OGC.
- Independently represent the OGC in matters as determined by the General Counsel.
- To provide legal advice, guidance and representation to the management and the leadership team on legal matters concerning the Firm and work collaboratively with the management and leadership team.
- Pro-actively and independently engage in strategy discussions with leadership and external counsels on legal matters affecting the Firm;
- Preparation and administration of the team budget and oversee the management of the resources and personnel of OGC.
- To promote the objectivity and efficacy of the OGC.
- To independently work on problem/conflict identification, analysis and resolution as required.
- To work on board and committee administration.
- Oversee the selection, retention, management, evaluation and liaise with all outside counsels.
- Monitoring legal compliances of the Firm;
- Be able to weigh risks against operational needs to develop reasoned recommendations, including risk mitigation strategies, and provide sound legal advice.
- To keep abreast of the latest changes in laws in India and apprise the relevant stakeholders and to develop appropriate mechanisms and strategies to comply with the same with minimal disruptions.
- Perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Managing and motivating the OGC team around an organization's mission, goals, and vision.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge by attending educational workshops, conferences, seminars, reviewing publications etc.
- The Deputy General Counsel should be self- motivated and efficiently work within the deadlines.
- Should be open to travel as and when required.
Qualification and Attributes:
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Law Degree (graduate/post graduate) from a well ranked law school/university.
- Minimum of fifteen- eighteen (18-20) years of post-qualification experience in working in leading law firms and corporates.
- Excellent drafting skills and oral/written communication including public speaking/media communication.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Good network with external counsels.
- Familiarity with laws applicable to service-sector and governing the conduct of professionals.
- Experience with governance, risk management and compliance.
- Have broad range of knowledge and skill on legal matters.
- High customer/stakeholder-oriented focus toward achieving the Firm's strategic objectives, mission and vision.
- Team focused attitude.
- Flexible approach to problem solving.
- Able to interact with stakeholders, internal clients and leadership in a highly efficient and timely manner.
- Business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and perform under stress and adopt effective courses of action.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in connection with the legal work of OGC.
- Demonstrate impeccable work-ethics, integrity and trust, with no history of disciplinary offences in any capacity.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.