Senior Manager - Finance & Accounting - BFSI (8-12 yrs)
- Under general supervision, create and maintain the accounting records for the company. Reconcile all accounts as needed.
- Interface with outside accounting experts such as tax CPA, auditors, and Gusto ProAdvisor consultants.
- Assist the Accounting Department Manager or Managing Partner in running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results. Perform banking functions as required.
- The Accountant will work with the Executive management to deliver accurate, organized, and detailed execution of all accounting related activities.
General Setup and Accounting Records:
- Create and maintain company data. Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the Gusto application.
- Create and maintain Gusto users and set and maintain the appropriate access levels.
- Export periodic backups of the company data.
- Create and maintain vendor records, including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required.
- Create and maintain customer records including contact, delivery and payment information.
- Customize the company invoice form and other forms, such as sales receipts and estimates as needed.
- Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork.
- Maintains accounting controls by following company policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Job Costing
- Write checks in Gusto.
- Invoice customers. Upon approval, distribute invoices to customers via email or mail.
- Manage bills received from vendors.
- Create and maintain time tracking records, if applicable.
- Prepare estimates if requested.
- If estimates are used, match invoices to estimates. If time tracking is used, tie to invoicing.
- Record bank transactions as needed. Download bank transactions into bank accounts.
- Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll.
- Make journal entries as directed.
Reporting and Reconciliation:
- Track the cash balance and alert owner or manager with regular cash flow reports.
- Customize and memorize reports for the owner, outside accounting experts, government agencies, outside payroll services, and other interested parties. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts. (Note: this duty should be segregated from the employee who receives the checks and goes to the bank.)
- Prepare 1099s for application vendors.
- Make (or ensure they- re made) payroll tax deposits and create and file (or ensure it's done) payroll tax reports.
- Create and file sales tax reports.
Interfaces and Miscellaneous:
- Make bank deposits, order checks, verify bank drafts and charges, and resolve bank errors.
- Work with CPA and Advisor consultant as requested.
- Answer questions from vendors, employees, and customers about their bills, paychecks, and invoices.
- Understand the add-ons that work such as payroll, credit cards, and Desktop banking. Be knowledgeable about what's available.
- Stay briefed on Intuit updates and news that affect the Gusto application and accounting rules and requirements.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Certification
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Accounting Post-Graduates/ Fresher CA/ CA Inter is preferred.
- Training: 2+ years related experience preferred with formal accounting and payroll training.
- Certification: CPA or CMA or any other certification in accounting is preferred.
Required Skills/Abilities: To be successful in this role, you- ll generally need the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of Bookkeeping or working knowledge of 2-3 years on existing Accounting Software e.g. Tally, QuickBooks etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office especially EXCEL (high-intermediate level)
- Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail. Accurate.
- Solid understanding of the three levels of Gusto application: Free, Basic, and Plus.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of business and accounting terms such as profit, ROI, assets, liabilities, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, such as copying, faxing, filing, and shredding.
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.