Consultant HR at Emprise HR
Views:203 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Senior Manager - EHS - Paper Manufacturing Firm (10-15 yrs)
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Manager in Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) to join our prestigious paper manufacturing client. With a strong commitment to safety, sustainability, and environmental responsibility, our client is at the forefront of the paper manufacturing industry. If you are a seasoned EHS professional who is passionate about fostering a culture of safety and compliance while ensuring sustainability practices, we invite you to be a pivotal part of our client's team.
- EHS Compliance: Oversee and ensure compliance with all environmental, health, and safety regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Safety Culture: Promote and cultivate a safety-first culture within the organization, emphasizing the importance of safe work practices and incident prevention.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct comprehensive risk assessments to identify potential hazards and develop mitigation strategies.
- EHS Policies: Develop and implement EHS policies, procedures, and programs, continuously updating them to align with changing regulations.
- Training and Education: Provide training and education to employees at all levels on EHS policies, procedures, and safe work practices.
- Incident Management: Lead incident investigations, root cause analysis, and implement corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence.
- Environmental Stewardship: Champion sustainable practices and initiatives to reduce the environmental footprint of our operations.
- Regulatory Reporting: Prepare and submit required EHS reports and documentation to relevant authorities.
- Auditing and Inspections: Conduct regular audits and inspections to assess EHS performance and compliance.
- Emergency Preparedness: Develop and maintain emergency response plans and ensure readiness for any potential incidents.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with regulatory agencies, industry associations, and external stakeholders to stay informed about industry trends and regulations.
- Budget Management: Manage the EHS budget effectively, optimizing resources for maximum impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Relevant EHS certifications (e.g., Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist) are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in EHS management, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations and standards.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with the ability to influence and drive change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with employees, management, and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities to address complex EHS challenges.
- Proficiency in EHS management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.