Manager Recruitment at Havoc Consultants Pvt Ltd.
Views:1796 Applications:608 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Senior Manager - Distribution & Warehouse - Internet/Online (3-10 yrs)
Sr. Manager Distribution & Warehouse (PAN India) - With Swiss based MNC
What is the role?
- Providing a high standard of warehouse and transport services across our business in India. This includes developing overall transportation and warehousing logistics strategy, aligning it with customer expectations and execution through service providers and in-house logistics resources.
- Monitoring and controlling all aspects of the warehouse and transportation operations
- Optimization of warehouse and freight costs to ensure productivity targets are met.
- Provide statistical reporting and invoice control management
Key Responsibilities & Goals:
Strategic and Directional:
- Defines, designs & drives the strategy of Warehousing and Transportation functions with 3 years plan to ensure Distribution performance with best service levels
- Identify and implement best practices in Warehousing and Transportation
- Analyse, monitor market trends and react early to bring best relevant offerings to Hilti business
- Prepare & executing the Hilti India Logistics Road map for future
- Review Service Provider's performance from time to time and carry out reviews and tenders as required
- Negotiating and reviewing contracts as necessary for Service Providers
- Continued optimisation of logistics network - Warehouse footprint, inbound and outbound logistics
- Managing & coaching direct reportees and drive Continuous Improvement Plans with them.
- Ensuring best service levels by maintaining right balance of cost
- Strategic Projects
- Define a (yearly) strategic Roadmap for Distribution Function - projects and targeted results
- Work with Local, Regional and Global Teams to drive projects
- Ensure timely and successful execution for Roadmap Implementation and realization of expected results
Performance and Process Management:
- Raise the quality and ensure providing consistent experience to our customers from Distribution touchpoints - Transportation (Sales from WH to Customers, Tool Repair and Stock Transfer) and Warehouses
- Ensure tight inventory management control and good cycle counting procedures are in place
- Work with the 3PL to ensure the contract is fully utilized. Participate and drive product flow, material handling, space utilization and operational strategies with our 3PL partners, using practical experience, to optimize cost and service within their operations.
- Overall monitoring of reconciliation of proof of delivery, cheques, insurance claims etc.
- Monitor resolution of customer complaints; Reduce customer complaints through proactive measures
- Manage services while ensuring high productivity at optimal cost to the customer through QBR, MBR and building long term sustainable capabilities for Hilti
- Diagnose and define warehousing and transport system(s) improvements from a user perspective, recommend improvements and drive implementation, with support from local and regional team
- Develop strategies for cost control
- Identify key projects for cost optimization
- Ensure cost savings through identified measures is realized at P&L level
- Develop and coach direct reports and team members to achieve results
- Regular development discussions and My Contribution reviews; Lead Hilti People Review for team
Compliances, Sustainability and Health and Safety:
- Ensure compliance to all legal requirements (e.g., Ewaybill, Legal compliance by 3PL)
- Overall monitoring of Health and Safety at 3PL sites
- Take proactive sustainability initiatives across warehousing and transportation