Founder & Director at hCapital Executive Search
Views:2635 Applications:697 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Senior Manager/Director - Operations - eCommerce (12-25 yrs)
About the Company : A leading E-commerce player
Role : Senior Operations Managers (Equivalent to Director)
Location : Delhi / Bangalore / Hyderabad
Experience : 12+ years
Salary : Rs 60-90 Lacs
Must required for this job :
- 12+ years direct management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Must have worked on Shop Floor (in manufacturing) / Warehouse (in logistics) and managed ground level staff.
Job Description :
- Senior Operations Managers is responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives of the Fulfillment Center (Inbound and Outbound).
- Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
- Senior Operations Managers report directly to the General Manager.
1. Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to enable their Functional Area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed Business Plan.
2. Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for Ops and Area Managers.
3. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
4. Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
5. Works closely with support staff (HR Manager, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, S&LP Manager, Operation Managers, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in his/her area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
6. Able to address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area.
7. Coordinates with S&OP team for FC load balancing and future plan requirement, to adequately prepare the FC to meet business needs.
8. Interacts with the trans team to enable smooth operations at FC OB dock, ensuring steady flow and timely dispatch of customer orders.
9. Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
10. Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of both Inbound and Outbound operations.
11. Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
Basic Qualifications :
1. 12+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
2. Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques
3. Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
4. Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons