HR Consultant at Smart Source
Views:419 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager/DGM - Commodity Procurement - FMCG (8-10 yrs)
Sr. Manager/DGM - Commodity Procurement with a TOP FMCG Brand
We are looking for a Sr. Manager/ DGM - Commodity Procurement with a TOP FMCG Brand
Please apply only if you have experience in Commodity Procurement/Buying and experience in FMCG/FMCD, Retail, Agricultural,
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead & Drive the end-to-end sourcing of categories assigned, developing long-term category strategy and working towards implementing the same within a stipulated timeframe.
- Plan the budgeted cost of categories in line with the demand plan, continuously monitoring plan vs actual performance and executing strategies around the same to bridge the gap if there is any.
- Capacity mapping & building at the vendors end in line with the regional expansion plan derived for the next 5 years, identifying and developing alternate vendors to bridge capacity gaps.
- Develop a predefined user-friendly contingency plan in reference to the historic or future occurrences of disruption in terms of supply or price, and educate and align internal and external stakeholders on the steps to execute the contingency plan within the stipulated lead time.
- Lead & execute cost reduction initiative through negotiation or alternate vendor development in coordination with QA & Product commercialization team, develop tracker of activities to be executed.
- Work with the Total Cost control approach starting from farm to fork and eliminate non-value-added activities across the supply chain.
- Identify and analyze the commodity cycles, cultivation to harvesting, and best time to execute short and long-term contracts.
- Tracking periodic prices of commodities through real-time or historic data, analyzing market demand and supply, and presenting & suggesting strategies to management for execution.
- Lead & Manage Supplier's Performance (Quality, Service, Innovation)
- Implement systems, controls, and procedures with regard to budgeting and monitoring of total category purchases
- Overview and monitor vendor performance, OTIF, and Fill rate in coordination with the planning team and conduct a periodic vendor performance review.
Functional/ Technical Competencies :
What we are looking for :
- Good understanding of Agricultural commodities.
- Strong Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the logical representation of numbers or activities.
- Strong communication Skills
- Self-motivator and go-getter.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint.
- There will extensively travel to the vendor plants and marketplaces
Educational Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree/MBA (Agro) (IRMA /Management preference)
- 8-10 Years of experience in FMCG/FMCD, Retail, QSR