Senior Manager - Development - Fund Raising - HNI/CSR (4-10 yrs)
Senior Manager - Development - Fundraising HNI/CSR
Job Description :
- Post Graduate in Social Work/ Development Studies/ Marketing
- Experience in corporate and institutional fundraising
- Experience in HNI fundraising is a plus
- Proven track record of securing multi-year funding from corporates and corporate foundations
- Demonstrated experience at networking, negotiation and selling skills
- Sound understanding of corporate giving ecosystem in the country
- Robust understanding of human rights work in the country
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with people from varied backgrounds &levels
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, strategic planning is a plus
- Good at analytical skills to evaluate and execute projects
- Proactive in developing relationships with the community/ stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Flexibility to travel in-country for donor meetings
Job Purpose :
- To lead and acquire high-level strategic partnerships with corporates, corporate foundations, institutions and HNIs in India aligned with Org's vision and growth-strategy.
- The position will be instrumental in securing multi-year partnerships.
- The incumbent will also be responsible to manage and retain the existing funding relationships.
Primary Strategic :
- Analyze, implement and monitor new growth potentials by introducing new fundraising channels, up scaling existing activities and introducing innovative activities for fundraising;
- Proactively network and collaborate with wide range of stakeholders with key focus on funding entities ((corporate/ institutions/ HNIs), partner NGOs and communities to build relevant partnership and enhance opportunities;
- Develop partnerships and strategic engagements with the expected funding entities across different parts of the country and sectors including project funding, co-branding, payroll giving, cause related marketing etc.
Fundraising and Business Development :
- Lead generation by pitching new companies to secure long term fundraising by generating innovative proposals and integrating fundraising products;
- Manage, expand and develop existing sponsorship and commercial partnerships and to initiate new and lucrative contracts pipeline with industry to actively increase levels of income and effectively achieve set targets by the management;
- Identify new sources of support through networking, pitches and social media, and build relationships with new businesses and other sources
- Work with the Fundraising team in order to represent activities with donors and prospects;
- Reach out to potential funders and ensure adequate follow- ups for acquisition and retention;
- Develop project proposals, concept notes, presentations and budgets for pitching;
- Conceptualize, plan and execute fundraising events Donor Servicing:
- Manage relationship with current and new funders;
- Manage donor relationships basis their reporting needs on a continuing basis and ensure timely reporting and due diligence as per their expectations;
- Manage updating of the internal management system and ensure that all prospective and current funder details are accurately recorded in the database prescribed;
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of fundraising activities and achievements related to agreed targets and cost/income ratio;
- Liaise with monitoring & evaluation team and third-party impact evaluation agencies to ensure smooth evaluation of the program
Secondary Responsibilities :
- Work with communications team to develop Annual Reports and other communication collaterals for fundraising.
- Network with other verticals for coordinated fundraising across all channels.
Key Stakeholders Internal : Programme staff, Regional, Fundraising, Administration, Finance, M&E and the CEO
External : Corporates, Corporate Foundations, Institutions, HNIs, Board members, Senior representatives from business and industry.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Achievement of the set targets
- Reasonable cost ratios
- Donor acquisition
- Donor retention
- Dynamics with the fundraising and other teams
- Ability to demonstrate innovation