Head - Recruitment at Havoc Consultants Pvt. Ltd
Views:1043 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Senior Manager/Deputy General Manager - Legal - Real Estate (5-20 yrs)
- Looking after the company's Legal matters w.r.t. all litigations cases as complainant or defendants. Initiate & conduct legal investigation / research, briefing solicitors, represent the Company and preferably influence favourable verdicts / responses to safeguard the company's interest and mitigating damages / liabilities which may arise due to legal cases / litigations
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibility will include managing legal Litigation:
- Manage and advice on pan India litigation matters
- Tracking of cases in court, with Law firms
- Track legal fees and manage budgets.
- Prepare documents for submission to court, i.e. applications, affidavits, written submissions, etc.
- Liaise with law firms, external counsel on preparation of court documents and hearings.
- Drafting Agreements, Deeds, Power of Attorney, Indemnity Bonds, Plaints, Petitions and all kinds of Notices and other Legal Documents.
- To initiate Arbitration proceedings & Procuring Awards in all matters recommended.
- Review the Company's litigation matters and advice Management on options available. Investigate, research, analyze the legal matters and appointment of appropriate Solictors based on their past performances. Liaising with Solicitors for initiating and follow-ups on legal procedures, handling civil, criminal & arbitration cases
- Review and draft responses to Legal notices received in coordination with Solictors / Attorney to ensure that responses are filed within stipulated time frame as decided by the Court of Law. Update Management on the progress / updates for decision making and escalate urgent matters which require Board resolutions / approvals
- Meet concerned litigation parties / attorney to negotiate & settle matters amicably hence mitigating loss of time and revenue. Update Management of the proceedings and obtain approvals on proposed solutions for amicable resolution of the matter. Follow up for withdrawal of cases / suits and ensure complainant has been provided with solutions as committed and document the same
- Coordinate with other departments for their legal requirements and obtain understanding of legal issues / arbitration matters. Draft and file complaints / law suits on behalf of the company in the Court of Law through Solicitors. Represent the Management for Appeals / Hearings in various Courts and influence suitable favourable verdicts / judgements for the company to protect the company's interest
- Liaise with the government authorities and other statutory bodies in order to comply with rules and regulations for smooth execution of the projects. Excellent rapport with revenue and other Govt. officials in the State. To represent the company at meetings with external bodies to ensure that the legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered.
- Carry out various due diligences of company's land banks and other joint ventures etc to ensure that all legal & statutory requirements are in order. Obtain and maintain a database required documents for ready references. Brief Management in case of any lapse and recommend / initiate corrective actions to avoid legal hassles
- Negotiate with Solicitors Firms for commercials & terms of appointment. Ensure effective cost control through hard negotiations. Monitor and manage the departmental budgets to ensure that cost is with the approved budget and the negotiated commercials are beneficial to the organizational interest
Non - Litigation:
Type of Experience:
- Hands on experience in handling real estate transactions independently including (a) drafting of joint venture agreements, development agreements, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, power of attorney, etc.; (b) negotiations with the opposite party for finalization and closure of transactions; and (c) title and transaction risk identification along with ability to provide suitable mitigations.
- Has in depth knowledge of land (Maharashtra) and has handled title due diligence and has complete knowledge of revenue / land records in the state of Maharashtra.
- Is proficient with structuring of real estate transactions such as joint ventures, LLP structure, collaboration agreements, etc.
- Has hands on experience in handling customer related issues including (a) drafting of application forms, allotment letters, buyer's agreements, conveyance deeds, maintenance agreements, etc.; and (b) handling disputes raised by the customers and/or in relation to the projects.
- Has hands on experience in research work and is proficient in working on various legal software.
Necessary Skill Sets & desirable:
- Drafting (Contracts and Pleadings)
- Ability to manage multiple projects / negotiations simultaneously in very tight timelines.
- Legal Research.
- Good command on English and Marathi with qualitative drafting skills.
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to real estate.
- Exposure of handling customer disputes and negotiating land owners.
The incumbent shall be responsible for :
- In house drafting of all transactional documents such as joint development agreements, share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, LLP agreements, development agreements, agreement to sell, sale deeds, lease deeds, power of Attorney, etc.
- Title due diligence of land and timely risk identification.
- In house drafting of all contracts / documentation such as application forms, buyer's agreement, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, collaboration / joint venture agreements for land development, etc. and timely closure of documents / agreements from legal perspective.
- In house drafting of legal notices, pleadings related to disputes / litigations.
- Conformance with all legal requirements related to contracts.
- Timeliness and correctness of legal opinion, as may be required by the company from time to time.