Senior Manager - Data Science - Machine Learning/Deep Learning (12-19 yrs)
About our Client :
Our client is a cloud-based restaurant software company based in Boston, Massachusetts. The company provides a restaurant management and point of sale system built on the Android operating system. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 2012 it is valued at $33 Billion.
They are driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready- to make a change?
We are seeking a Sr. Data Science Manager to lead the newly established Data Science team in Bangalore to support global R&D growth. As Data Science leader on this team, you and your team will be working with a huge reservoir of point of sale transaction data to unearth unique insights to back strategic recommendations for our customers. You will lead the development of statistical and machine learning models, working closely with machine learning engineers to implement these models at scale.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You love finding ways to help your teams become more efficient. You connect your teams work to broader mission.
You are interested in the technical work and have enough experience and judgment to ensure that data scientists are moving in the right direction. On a given day, you might be reviewing design documents and PRs, coordinating discussions between teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s with team members.
About this Role :
- Drive delivery of business outcome for data science, including planning and execution
- Collaborate closely with internal and external product stakeholders, both technical and non-technical and help translate deep machine learning knowledge to product applications
- Keep data science model quality high in collaboration with Data Science and Engineering team across the global
- Ensure end-to-end delivery of data science solutions, including team ownership of monitoring model performance and production issues
- Coach individuals in professional and technical development to set up for their success
- Hire and mentor Team Leads and Senior Technical Staff members to ensure their success.
- Continuing to grow and expand the Bangalore Data Science team to address business needs through active recruitment
Do you have the right ingredients ?
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering or other equivalent quantitative disciplines
- 5+ years of managing, coaching and growing successful Data Science team
- 8+ years of experience as a data scientist, applied scientist, research scientist or equivalent data analytics role
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to evaluate new Machine Learning opportunities
- Strong knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics and machine learning
- Prior Experience in quantitative analysis or applied statistics in an engineering setting including experience with SQL, Python and data science/deep learning libraries (e.g. scikit, Tensorflow)
- Prior success leading the deployment of end-to-end machine learning solutions in large-scale production environments
Special Sauce :
Non-essential skills, nice to have : Passion for research and curiosity that calls you to go beyond good enough to create something innovative and exciting