Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:963 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Senior Manager - Customs & Foreign Trade - CA Firm (8-12 yrs)
Thorough knowledge of practice and procedure of Customs, Special Economic Zones (SEZs) & Foreign Trade Laws is a must
Job responsibilities would involve:
- Examining client queries on the issues they are facing in Customs and/or DGFT on specific transactions
- Offering detailed advise to the Partner on how the issue can be resolved successfully in conformity with the prevailing legal provisions under Customs and the Foreign Trade Policy & Procedure
- Clear understanding of how the resolution proposed will be implemented by way of process and liasing with the relevant authorities and articulation of this understanding
- Regular visits to various offices of Customs and DGFT (this could also require travelling outside Mumbai to various Port cities in India and also be stationed at any of the company's pan-India office locations until completion of the work)
- Guiding junior staff (qualified, semi-qualified and trainees) on the entire flow of information, process and documentation required to be executed for successful completion of each client engagement on Customs and Foreign Trade
- Contributing by way of legal and procedural knowledge to the information data base of the Firm and towards creating of the software platform on Customs, SEZs and DGFT compliances
- Regular knowledge sharing with multi-locational IDT teams on recent updates on policy, provisions, procedure and practice as well as client engagements
- Key role as a contributor to development of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) on Customs clearance, customs refunds, brand-rate drawback applications, SEZ registration and compliances, Application and Redemption procedures for Authorizations, etc.
- Deft client handling and dealing with Mid/Senior Customs/SEZ/DGFT officials.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Persons who are currently working in Logistics industry, or Supply chain function in a large FMCG company and are well-versed with day-to-day customs work only need apply.
- Persons who are either based in Mumbai or ready to relocate to Mumbai only need apply.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.