Senior Manager - Customer Service - Exports Business (10-15 yrs)
Job Referrence - 4129742/001_158435800180893
Industry - Logistics / SCM / Freight / Shipping
Skills - customer service, account management, escalation management, customer operations
Job Type - Permanent
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the business offerings to customers.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
A shipping MNC, one of the top 5 largest container carrier in terms of vessel capacity. The company operates in 392 offices in 129 countries with largest and most modern fleets of reefer containers
- Create a "Customer Service Culture" delivering quality service and improved customer satisfaction.
- Coach and develop individual department managers and staff. Have regular performance reviews in line with company's policy and Area Management requirement.
- Build, maintain and develop partnerships with individuals and groups within the organization
- Continually strive to create operational efficiencies within the Customer Service processes.
- Create an environment and maintain an open communication channel within Department, Area and Region.
- Ensure QEM principles are followed and promoted within department.
- Work closely with all Stakeholders on process improvement and communication.
- Drive cross functional collaboration between Regional Departments, GSC and Area offices.
Success Criteria for Position :
- Team player with a proactive attitude with strong Leadership skills, ability to motivate people.
- Business Focus, Ability to adopt company's business strategies.
- Analytical, proactive way of working, ability to assert oneself.
- Result Driven and Customer and service orientated.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across several cultures.
- Capacity to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven.
- Attention to detail and accountability for team performance is important.
- Enthusiasm and a promoter of team spirit and team accountability.
- Willingness to work overtime and to be on standby.
- Mobile and willing to relocate if required.
- Good knowledge of user application systems (MS Office, Word, Excel).
- Expert Knowledge of internal processes, systems and controls.
- Knowledge Process Mapping and Six Sigma / Lean Methods (an advantage).
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes:
- Overall expert knowledge of the Import and Export Processes and understanding of the Shipping industry as a whole.
- Good knowledge and responsibility in Area Customer Service (an advantage).
- Commercial experience (an advantage).
- Exposure to working within a different geographical Area.
- Effective time management and planning skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- The client is looking for someone with at least 10-15 years'years' experience along with an Engineering degree and an MBA. Previous experience of having handled customer service in shipping industry.
- The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.
Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact - Nishita Shah - +91 (0) 22 4236 3358
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.