Partner & Director at iCube Consortium Pte Ltd
Views:360 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:77
Senior Manager - Compliance Testing - Consulting Firm (10-15 yrs)
Our client a global consulting firm is looking for Senior Manager Compliance Testing on contract for 6 months post which the person has the possibility of being considered for permanent role. The selected candidate/s will be working remotely till the Covid 19 situation improves and thereafter they are expected to work onsite
The role holder will be required leading a team to test and assess the effectiveness of financial crime and regulatory compliance controls, identifying and raising issues where control gaps lead to material unaddressed compliance risks.
At a high level, the role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Lead an assessment team as they evaluate compliance controls for design and operating effectiveness, raising issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that assigned control assessments are accurate, effective
- Supervise the delivery of assigned control assessments, using experience and knowledge to intervene and redirect testing as required, resolving or redirecting escalations as required.
- Ensure that assigned control assessments are delivered on time, in accordance with the assessment plan.
- Manage control owners and other stakeholders, ensuring the success of individual reviews, minimising contention where possible and requesting support where deemed necessary.
- Manage the documentation of distinct control types, covering key aspects, such as remit, main processes and handovers to other teams.
- Ensure that issue owners complete sufficient root cause analysis for all material issues and have appropriate remediation plans in place.
- Lead, develop and motivate the assessment team to attract, retain and develop talent, ensuring the successful delivery of assigned control assessments.
- Support the executive in-charge in fulfilling responsibilities as required, including budget management, resourcing and feeding into the development of procedures and templates.
- Determine innovative ways of testing controls in a precise and efficient manner, harnessing analysis of data where possible.
- Be attuned to the political, management, operational, regulatory and reputational implications of particular decisions and courses of action. Managing the demands of the multiple and diverse aspects of the role.
- Assist management in development of controls and systems and influencing the way in which business is conducted in order to manage these risks.
- 10 to 15 years proven experience in financial services compliance, testing, audit and/or legal management experience or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of financial crime and/or regulatory compliance and/or the aptitude to develop this understanding in good time, and must be familiar regarding relevant regional laws, regulations and the overall regulatory environment.
- Experienced people manager, with excellent communication skills, a polished management style, and a proven track record of leading through change.
- Proven ability to question, evaluate, and improve existing business processes and adequacy of information.
- Experience working with local and regional stakeholders and an understanding of global standards of quality.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field such as business, finance, law or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred.
- Requires understanding of the changing regulatory landscape regarding compliance functions within the banking industry.
- Broad knowledge of banking and a good understanding of all significant regulatory compliance requirements applicable to a CoE.
- Experience developing assurance automation and analytics tools preferred.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.