Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:677 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager - Communications/Partnerships - NGO (10-15 yrs)
1. POSITION VACANT: Senior Manager - Communications and Partnerships, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
- The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organisation headquartered in Paris, France. Established in 1920, The Union's goal is to promote national autonomy within the framework of priorities of each country, by developing, implementing, and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programmes, as well as other public health issues.
- The Union has been working to improve health for people in low and middle-income countries, by conducting scientific research, and working with governments and other agencies, to translate research into better health for people around the world, and delivering projects directly in the field, driving change to ensure the best quality care.
- Union South East Asia (USEA), one of the organization's largest offices since 2009, has been managing the USAID supported the Challenge TB (CTB) project, together with National Tuberculosis Elimination Program (NTEP) and providing critical support for advocacy, private sector engagement, improving working conditions for TB patients, improving access to molecular diagnostics in the private sector and among children, apart from rolling-out new drugs and regimens.
- The CTB project introduced digital solutions for training, treatment adherence, and learning management in the country and worked together with corporates, civil society organizations, research and academic institutions, media and celebrities and parliamentarians, to provide TB a national platform and garner the highest level of political commitment.
- Project Axshya, a Global Fund Round 9 project also supported by USEA, extends the reach of India's NTEP through advocacy, communication and social mobilization activities in 300 districts across 21 states. Other key projects of USEA include support to tobacco control efforts in India, Nepal and Bangladesh, through the Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use; Project LIGHT, which brought fluorescent LED microscopes to 200 Medical Colleges across India; and the Eli-Lilly supported project to expand sustainable TB control in India.
- USEA also coordinates training to build capacity in the management of TB and MDR-TB, operational research, programme management and other skills.
For more information about International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), please visit https://theunion.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of the Country Director - USEA, the Senior Manager - Communications and Partnerships (SM-CP) shall be responsible for developing and rolling out cutting-edge, action-strategies for Advocacy, Communication, Partnerships, Business Development, apart from facilitating the knowledge management function within the organization. S/he will also oversee and ensure that USEA executes effective, brand-building activities.
- The SM-CP will be a key member of USEA's India Leadership Team (ILT) and participate, along with other ILT members, in leading ongoing organizational and strategic management exercises, which include:
(a) Organizational Evolution
(b) Development and Rolling out of the Organization's Strategic Plans and Annual Operating Plans
(c) Overall Budget Development and Management of the Organisation
(d) Improved Organizational Viability, and (f) Participation in recommended initiatives of the organization. Apart from these s/he will also participate in emergency/ crisis management roles, as appropriate.
- S/he will be the overall implementation manager of USEA's business plan and ensure that annual and multi-year, fund-raising targets are met. The post-holder will also establish and nurture organizational relationships with key external resources, coalitions, fund raising networks, and strategic alliances, to help USEA pursue its organizational and program objectives and goals.
- The SM-CP will also manage the proposal development, communication and advocacy functions of the organization and coordinate with the Country Director - USEA to ensure that learnings from the measurement process, lead to improved quality and impact of the organization's interventions in the field.
- The SM-CP will also be USEA's facilitator for building advocacy coalitions and social movements for selected issues in line with organizational program strategy.
- Capturing, documenting and communicating USEA stories, actions and lessons, comprise essential components of the role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Build teams for the partnerships, communications, business development, advocacy, and program development functions at USEA, guiding, managing, developing, encouraging and supporting team members, through their team leaders, to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives;
(2) Roll-out and manage USEA's Business Plan in collaboration with team members, peers, field staff, ensuring delivery of committed outputs and outcomes outlined in the business plan, with cost-efficiency;
(3) Ensure development and rolling out of strategies and action plans for effective partnerships, fund raising, communications, advocacy, and program development functions;
(4) Oversee, guide and manage brand building and marketing efforts at USEA;
(5) Expand, improve, and nurture strategic external relations, coalitions and networks for achieving USEA's goals and objectives;
(6) Lead, manage and ensure high quality - strategic communications- from USEA to internal and external stakeholders;
(7) Act as an India Leadership Team member and participate in the management of key organizational initiatives;
(8) Manage the overall budget and expenses of the business development, advocacy, communication functions and ensure compliance with required policies and procedures.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
MBA and/or Post-Graduate with a degree/ diploma in Business Management, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Communication, or other relevant discipline.
(1) Minimum 10 years of experience in delivering a range of corporate fundraising products and working with CSR teams, in an agency or business setting;
(2) Proven track record in developing, delivering and managing CSR projects;
(3) Strong understanding of the Companies Act 2013 and related socio-legal and policy environment, governing CSR funding in India;
(4) Experience of strategic planning and business modelling, ideally in a cross-sectoral, multi-disciplinary field.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong proposal writing skills and experience of working with target-driven business models (financial and/or impact), with excellent skills in the development of PowerPoint presentations;
(2) Strong influencing and negotiating skills;
(3) Understanding of the role of philanthropic capital (either private or corporate), in achieving social impact and change;
(4) Proven understanding of Corporate CSR and philanthropy;
(5) Excellent communication skills, including the gravitas to represent USEA at the highest levels within companies and governments and to speak publicly and confidently about philanthropy to corporates and at events;
(6) Ability to travel, as and when required.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: SM-CP-UNION
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.