Principal Consultant at Jubilant HR Consultant
Views:1016 Applications:160 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Senior Manager/Chief Manager - Compliance - Life Insurance (8-15 yrs)
Our Clients are a well-established Life Insurance Company. They are a joint venture between diversified financial services conglomerate in India and one of the oldest life insurance companies in the world. Headquartered at Mumbai.
Role : Senior Manager / Chief Manager- Compliance
Reporting to : Vice President, Legal and Compliance
Role and responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective implementation of Compliance Management Framework within an organization through timely implementation and monitoring of all regulatory requirements.
- Analysing and commenting on draft regulations and circulars issued by regulators.
- Managing regulatory change management by carrying out impact analysis of new laws and regulations and ensuring their dissemination and implementation by the various functions.
- Ensuring frame operational processes and policies in co-ordination with the respective functions.
- Apprising senior management on the status of regulatory compliances.
- Representing the Compliance function in various meetings and forums.
- Monitoring and assessing the compliance health of the company through periodic process reviews on a sample basis
- Handling escalated complaints effectively and implementing the Publication Review Process
- Building and enhancing compliance monitoring systems
- Conducting compliance risk assessment activity
- Ensuring Product & Marketing Compliance by participating in the process for designing, drafting, and reviewing of product documentation (Policy Document) and marketing collateral
- Advising the Distribution team on all legal and regulatory requirements and the expected levels of conduct
- Carrying out Distribution process reviews and conducting trainings for the Distribution Teams
- Carrying out branch reviews from a compliance standpoint and recommending imposition of sanctions if any.
- Providing advisory on queries from various functions and assist in drafting and reviewing of compliance communication and process.
- Reviewing the AML and CFT policy and process document on a regular basis.
- Enhancing systemic controls and developing systems to meet enhanced regulatory requirements.
- Drafting or reviewing contracts including providing advisory on the scope of services and commensurate commercials.
- Drafting or reviewing written statements, replies to notices and plaints.
- Representing the Company on various legal matters before the Ombudsman and consumer forums.
- Liaising with panel of advocates for litigation and legal matters.
- Providing interpretations and views on various legal issues.
- Interacting with the regulators and compliance teams of peer companies for relationship building.
- Typically a CS / LLB/ CA or a Graduate in Commerce.
- 8-10 years.
- Technical expertise and a strong understanding of applicable regulatory laws namely Insurance Laws, Prevention of Money Laundering Act and related laws, FEMA and applicable RBI regulations and other laws.
- Proficient in business understanding and providing advisory with a problem-solving approach.
- Good knowledge of systems, internal processes and policies.
- Ability to conduct surveillance and inspection.
Soft Skills :
- Multi-tasking with an ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to lead Projects and ensure efficient and timely delivery.
- Amicable and Assertive nature.
- Eye for detail and focused on accuracy.
- Proactive by nature.
- Good drafting and communication skills (written and verbal).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.