Principal Consultant at BTI Executive Search
Views:194 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Senior Manager - Business Finance - Technology Firm (10-15 yrs)
Key work activities:
- Budgeting: Prepare the annual operating plan/long term strategic plans for the business unit in close consultation with business stakeholders.
- Forecasting: Prepare and publish weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts and proactively highlight risks to all stakeholders.
- LOB wise P&L analysis: Analysis of business P&Ls at LOB level with all operating metrics and review of the same with business stakeholders to ensure strategic objectives are tracked and achieved.
- Cost management: Identify cost optimization measures and co-drive implementation of the same.
- Order book to revenue conversion: Monitor order book to revenue conversion on a periodic basis and highlight risks if any.
- Pricing and bids: Work with business, LOB and product heads on the product catalogue and ensure it is updated periodically. Also extend analytical support during strategic bid submissions as required. Ensure price approval levels (DOAs) are fully complied with.
- New investment proposals: Work with business/engineering teams to evaluate new investment proposals and business cases.
- Market and competition analysis: Perform periodic analysis of the market landscape and competitors.
- Automation and IT enablement: Work closely with all stakeholders and automate as many tasks as possible and feasible.
- Support any other ad hoc analytical requests that may come up from time to time.
Other key traits :
- Business acumen: Kindly note that this is not merely a 'back office' reporting role. You are expected to own and co-drive the business (both operationally and strategically) along with the Business Head. You are expected to be the 'co-pilot' of the business unit.
- Excellent communication skills: You will be working with a culturally diverse and geographically dispersed set of stakeholders in this role. You will also frequently interact directly with CXO-suite executives. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and an amiable personality are hence a must-have.
- Thirst to learn: You will be working in an exciting industry that is transforming the world through cutting edge and fast changing technology. You would be required to keep up through constant learning.
- An analytical bent of mind: In this role, you would often come across problems that would require an innovative, data driven problem solving approach. An analytical bent of mind and a positive, confident attitude towards problem solving are key to thriving in this role.
Education: CA or ICWA or MBA (Finance)