Views:863 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Senior Manager - Business Architecture - Insurance Broking Firm (8-12 yrs)
Division : Group BPM
Department : Business Architecture
Sub- Department : None
Job Title : Senior Manager
Reports to : Head - Group BPM
Job Purpose :
- To drive strategic transformation for the Group by enabling delivery of strategic and operational initiatives and providing continuous thought leadership.
Job Dimensions :
Knowledge and Expertise : Expert
Job Complexity : Highly Complex
Client Relationships / Communication Skills : Operational Negotiation
People Management and Strategic Impact : Functional leadership
Financial Impact : No direct financial impact or targets. Indirect impact is limited to completion of assigned tasks within the stipulated SLAs and quality standards.
Geographical Impact : Accountability is Global across all Business Units for multiple functions across Support / Operations
Principal Accountabilities :
Business Architecture :
- Create business case for implementation of new ideas to check feasibility and scope of implementation
- Work closely with key stakeholders and sponsors to evaluate business opportunities/need
- Use multiple sources such as primary research, secondary research, interviews, workshops etc. to evaluate current state of people/process/technology and impact of internal and external factors
- Design future state basis stated and identified pain points and opportunities, need- gap analysis, expected client outcomes, future technologies etc.
- Leverage existing knowledge to develop frameworks and accelerators to provide solutions that can be used across businesses and geographies
Program Management :
- Drive strategic changes through the organisation in form of implementing medium to large size programs.
- Responsible for liaising with the business groups and managing a team of project management and business analysis professionals in the development and completion of projects or programs.
- Establish and drive governance, accountability for achieving objectives across work streams in programs.
- Resolve critical issues and ensure timely decisions within sphere of authority.
- Establish standardized processes, tools and templates to manage projects, programs.
Strategic Orientation :
- Deliver on strategic business drivers such as efficiency, revenue enhancement, and stronger operating controls across entities
- Lead short-to-medium term planning for people, processes and technology, translate plans to specific actions
- Understand how commercial value is added to business to anticipate impact of external developments on organisation/ function and enable teams to prepare for the same
Stakeholder Management :
- Build credibility for the team by showcasing available talent at regional/ global platforms, develop opportunities to expand the team's contributions
- Influence and align key stakeholders with respect to project objectives and outcomes to ensure change is managed effectively
- Enable teams to understand and appreciate the client's context, create a culture that keeps the client experience at the helm
- Proactively seek feedback from stakeholders and ensure feedback is incorporated to influence better design and implementation
People Management :
- Manage and improve current performance, develop capabilities for future needs of the organisation/ function
- Mentor team members to take on larger responsibilities and build clear career paths by assessing performance and potential, at all levels
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvement in teams
- Build networks across functions and create opportunities to share learning across departments and help create a unified people capability
Change Management :
- Create a positive experience around change by implementing and managing change plans in teams, enabling them to see benefits of change
- Break down barriers and impediments to change through robust communication on change plans and continuous involvement in change process.
Operating Environment :
Group BPM helps group deliver its vision through key service offerings, including Business Architecture, Business Excellence and Programme Office, by driving desired outcomes for the Group. The business architecture function helps operating companies improve margins, revenues, customer satisfaction and controls.
The role is resident with the Management Services Group of the organisation and requires the incumbent to work closely with all Operating Companies globally. The incumbent is responsible for assessing, enabling and executing change initiatives through effective governance.
Framework & Boundaries :
- Business Architecture / Program Management tools and methodologies, Work is dependent on projects that are allocated to the team from time to time.
- Authority as delegated by sponsor of the project with respect to cost, time, scope Delivery as per agreed and defined operating standards
- Frequent interaction with team to outline approach and monitor output quality
- Day to day interaction with reporting authority for strategic direction and to provide update on progress
- Weekly interaction with the Group Director for updates on projects and objectives
Within the company :
- Frequent interaction with stakeholders from operating companies
- Participate and proactively contribute to general management activities of as a member of the Senior Management Team
Outside the company :
Vendors for business architecture delivery/ training, experts in the field of business transformation, campuses
Person Specifications :
Essential : Post Graduation
Desirable : MBA
Desirable : Domain knowledge in the Insurance space
- 8 - 12 years of experience in consulting /operating model design, and program management
- Project size of spends in excess of 2 million pounds.
- End-to-end experience leading transitions / migrations
- Global experience
Desirable : Multi - geography, multi - divisional projects
- Business Architecture methodologies
- Project Management principles
- Knowledge of insurance
- Latest project management practices
- Industry trends
- Future growth prospects in the domain
Desirable : knowledge of insurance broking as well as employee benefits
Skills & Abilities
- Communication Skills
- Influencing & Negotiation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Relationship & Senior Stakeholder Management Skills
- Business Acumen