Senior Manager/AVP - Legal - Mutual Fund/AMC - LLB (5-10 yrs)
Our client is a leading asset management company (AMC) in the country, manages significant Assets under Management (AUM) in the mutual fund segment. The AMC also caters to Portfolio Management Services for investors, spread across the country, along with International Advisory Mandates for clients across international markets in asset classes like Debt, Equity and Real Estate.
Company has current strength of more than 2000 employees with a reach across over 300 locations reaching out to an investor base of more than 4 million.
- Assist in legal matters for investments made on the Mutual Fund side. Typical transactions involve the issuance of NCDs and encompass the following. The NCDs are both secured/unsecured, listed/unlisted in nature. Some of the typical security structures would include:
- Mortgage/share/hypothecation backed
- Escrow account arrangements
- Infrastructure funding backed by NHAI annuities/toll receivables (involving substitution & escrow agreements)
- Acquisition financing structures
- Providing general Indian law related advice including advice on various aspects such as stamp duty, applicability, enforceability, validity and structuring of a Transaction.
- Documentation: Drafting, vetting, proofreading, checking the eligibility for CP and finalising of transaction documents, including the following:
- Detailed term sheet
- Information memorandum/ private placement offer letter,
- Debenture trust deed,
- Escrow agreement
- Debenture trustee agreement, and
- Security/comfort documents, such as, pledge, mortgage, hypothecation, corporate guarantee / personal guarantee/ undertaking, (collectively, the Documents).
- Closing related assistance: Providing closing related formalities including the following:
- Limited review of the existing financing and security documents of an issuer from the perspective of determining the required lenders- consents/ NOCs;
- Drafting / review of undertakings, conditions precedent documents (including, corporate authorisations and other related documents) required in relation to closing;
- Law graduate
- 5-10 years of experience in mutual funds managing similar profile.