Senior Consultant at ABC Consultants
Views:2320 Applications:511 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:362
Senior Manager/Associate Director - Supply Network Planning - Pharmaceutical (10-15 yrs)
Job opportunity with our Client-(Pharmaceutical) and work Location is based at Bangalore(Office).
1. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Role / Position Title Lead - Supply Network Planning
Function Global Supply Planning Department Global SCM
Site HO Location Bangalore
Reporting Manager 1 Head of Supply network planning. Team Size
2. POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary role of the network planner is the creation of an optimized supply plan, each month for the medium-term horizon. The supply plan must ensure continuous and efficient supply of finished goods (FG) products to customers, using a minimum amount of inventory to maximize efficiency targets, minimize working capital costs and conserve cash by managing stock levels.
Creation of the supply plan will involve working seamlessly with:
- Demand planning (and sales/marketing indirectly)
- Customer service
- Manufacturing operations
- Global sourcing/procurement
- Product managers
- Supply planners (finished goods replenishment, production planning, materials replenishment)
- The role holder is accountable to the Head of Supply Network Planning within Global SC planning for delivery of the roles and responsibilities.
3. OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of an optimized E2E global supply plan for each month, for the medium- and/or long-term horizon.
- The global supply plan must ensure continuous and efficient supply of finished goods products to customers, using a minimum amount of inventory to maximize efficiency targets, minimize working capital costs and conserve cash by managing stock levels.
- The role will also manage key risks and opportunities associated with demand variation as well as capacity and material constraints. The role will also provide input into longer-term capacity investment and sourcing decisions.
The optimized global supply plan should:
- Ensure that customer requirements are met through monthly supply-demand balancing leadership (i.e., improve service and therefore revenue).
- Analyze the supply network to make end-to-end (E2E), trade-off decisions.
- Align manufacturing, warehousing and suppliers by creating a supply network plan that provides clarity and alignment across supply-related functions.
- Support decision making by defining and analyzing multiple feasible scenarios of supply (including medium-term capacity constraints).
- Assess/evaluate financial impacts associated with risks and opportunities.
- Support maintenance of current and future supply models.
- Optimize cost: reduce write-offs, etc.
- Optimize inventory E2E
- Improve agility
- The network planner, however, is empowered to make changes to the network supply plan (planned production and finished goods and materials inventory levels) when deemed necessary over the medium- or long-term horizon. Changes are likely to be governed through sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, particularly the supply review and executive S&OP meetings
Long Range Planning & Strategy Planning:
- Key Leader in Global SC Planning for LRP activities.
- Collate and prepare the Global Long-Range Planning & Strategy Planning with support from Global SC Planning S&OP team, Global SC Asset Planning team, Global External Manufacturing team| Manufacturing| Quality| Program Management| Procurement| Corporate strategy | Finance | Commercial.
- Own & Lead requisite analytical data of past trends, forward plans to support LRP process
- Provide Capacity gaps and proposal for capacity enhancements/ additions via in house sites and/or via External manufacturing sites
- Presenting the final version of Strat Supply Plan to Leadership in Global SCM & Operations
- Fortnightly review and publishing of Strat plan and Budget vs Current tracking on action items to meet the plan, driving the cross functional forum to track and deliver on plan.
KPIs Computation, Analytics & S&OP Management:
- Own the reporting & analytics platform and publish reports/Dashboards at defined frequency on Commit vs Actual| Quality release trend| Revenue tracking| Bottlenecks to revenue| Materials coverage trend| Demand vs Commit| KPIs designed and aligned for cross functional teams in line with Plan and revenue targets
- Continuous Improvement Processes: Planning cycle activities| Supply chain process improvements
- Owner of Daily/Monthly/Fortnightly/ Weekly dashboards/ MIS/reports & presentations
Supply Chain Technology and Automation
- Key owner of IBP Planning tool with its improvements and maintenance as part of IBP Center of Excellence within SC planning team.
- Identifies opportunities for implementing IT & Automation in Supply Chain processes and processes improving Supply Chain Visibility
- Owner of Planning areas, Master data, Attributes, Time profiles, Key figures, Planning Operators etc. in IBP
- Configuring analytics and dashboards for S&OP on IBP
- Works with IT to develop a technology solution for meeting the identified opportunities and drives the value proposal for implementation approvals.
- Drives the implementation and rollout cycle for all IT & Technology Automations within SC Planning jointly with IT.
4. KEY INTERFACES| CROSS FUNCTIONAL STAKEHOLDERS
External Interfaces Internal Interfaces ( Other than Direct Reports)
NA SC Ops team| CMO Planning Team |Asset Planning team DS & DP| Logistics| Program Management| Regional Commercial Teams| Warehouse teams| QA/QC| SC Team| Key account manager for | Finance.
5, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education (degree / diploma) BE/ B-Tech degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, IT and/or Production
MBA in Operations - SCM Mandatory, preferrable with second specialisation in IT systems.
Additionally, should be qualified on SC Analytics through the SC Analytics tools.
Experience : 8 Years+
Knowledge and Skills (Functional / Technical):
The position will require the following five elements:
- Knowledge about how inventory supports value in the network as well as risks and costs associated with inventory.
- Knowledge of production capabilities in terms of capacity utilization manufacturing planning parameters as well as production constraints and costs.
- Knowledge of supply network requirements (warehouse capacity, shipping and freight) and constraints in terms inventory replenishment, capacity availability and lead times.
- Knowledge of portfolio of products they are planning (as well as related materials and packaging, shelf life, etc.)
- Knowledge of market volatility and dynamics.
- Relationships across different parts of the organization related to the portfolio of products they are planning vs. customer order requirements
- High Proficiency in Excel functionality.
- Good understanding with experience of Supply Chain essential, preferably Pharma
- SAP and SAP IBP/ APO and/or JDA and Kinaxis hands on in Supply Planning. Preferably involved in design/ construct and implement of planning tools.
- Functional and hands on experience on Power BI, Tableau, Python along with data management systems
- Strong Analytical ability
- Should have business process knowledge of demand planning, supply planning and S&OP
- Experience around configuring analytics and dashboards
- Experience in managing and rolling out Long term Strategy plan in Supply Chain & Operations
- Ability to use network supply and capacity planning technology.
- Ability to use business software (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/others).
- Mathematical abilities.
- Ability to analyze and present performance across the entire network in a meaningful way.
Leadership / Managerial Attributes:
- Ability to work independently without need of frequent supervision - Essential
- Ability to work under pressure and crunched timelines - Essential
- Problem Solving with cross functional teams - Essential.
- Help Foster trusting relationships with internal and external customers and/or partners.
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Decision making, ability to prioritize on a dynamic basis
- Negotiation skills / Conflict resolution
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to understand and work around constraints
Please find below the JD. Kindly share your updated resume along with following details for further process.
Current base Location:
Reason for job Change:
Are you Interested to work based at Bangalore (at Office):
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.