Senior Consultant at Indusion Consulting
Views:1717 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Senior Manager/Assistant General Manager - Legal - Real Estate (2-10 yrs)
Desired Necessary Skills: Should be from a reputed law firm handling non-litigation functions for Real Estate practice
Its a vertically integrated Real Estate Development and Operating company backed by a leading sovereign wealth fund, established to develop, operate, and manage institutional-quality retail assets in India. They are primarily into development and management of large format retail malls or retail led mixed-use developments. The team is comprised of highly functional and experienced individuals that have a combination of Indian and international experience.
- Drafting, vetting, negotiating and settling Leave & License Agreements, Lease Deeds, Renewal Agreements, Security Deposit Agreements, Deeds of Acknowledgement, Deeds of Cancellation, Rectification Deeds, Deeds of Mortgage, Conducting Agreements, Supplemental Agreements, Service Agreements, Revenue Sharing Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Intent, Indemnity Bonds, Declarations, Affidavits, Powers of Attorney, Service Level Agreements, joint venture agreements, deeds of conveyance, and powers of attorney.
- Due diligence of real estate projects for acquisition/joint development of land.
- Advising on various transactions related to potential Investment opportunities, Joint Ventures / Joint Development opportunities.
- Review of title reports provided by local counsel, suggesting revisions to the same, if any, and providing an analysis of the same in terms of the proposed transaction, and highlighting risks, if any.
- Co-ordination with retailers, leasing teams for entire documentation work and keeping records of all documents being executed by the Company with the retailer.
- Co-ordinating with the commercial teams in the organization and external law firms.
Whom we are looking for (Skills & Competencies) :
- Command over all aspects of legal matters related to real estate in particular drafting agreements & in non-litigation legal matters.
- Well acquainted with Real Estate laws, contract laws, Companies Act, and SEBI guidelines.
- Must be familiar with all practices and procedures pertaining to acquisition, mortgage, funding, purchases, sales, lease/license, franchise, conducting, operations, management, ownership documentation for lands, stamp duty and registration, and municipal/development rules & regulations, and contracts, for IT / SEZ / Malls, etc.
- Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills.