Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:3402 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Senior Manager/AGM - Legal & Nodal - Telecom (8-14 yrs)
Industry : Telecom
Reports to : AVP-Legal (National Operations)
Department : Sales
Education & Experience : Graduation in Law, First Class Graduation/Post Graduation in Law from reputed law school/university with minimum 2 years of Court practice and 8-10 years of corporate experience
CTC : Standard Industry Hike
Age : 35 yrs - 38 yrs
Role Purpose : To Lead & manage day-to-day operational legal and Nodal matters/affairs
Key accountabilities and decision ownership :
Business Support :
- Supporting operations, Business continuity, complaints in the circle from both Legal & Nodal areas with strict adherence to company policies, regulations and Privacy guidelines.
- Managing Risks on broad and complex areas through identifying exposures in business operations and advising the mitigation plan.
Managing Litigation & Investigation :
- Managing Litigation and supporting Reporting Manager & Corporate Legal Vertical Heads for necessary key national litigations. Managing online litigation management system, MIS and reporting to business and Group .
- Works with tax, regulatory and other functions within company to develop effective structures for a broad range of matters including the resolution of disputes and litigation while ensuring business continuity.
- Conflict and dispute resolution among different stakeholders and assists in negotiations discussions between clients and other functions within and outside to ensure the best legal solution to meet commercial objectives.
- Managing criminal cases to ensure no adverse impact on personal liability. Acts as the day to day interface between
- Client and external counsel and provides information and instructions to external counsel on specific matters, appearance before quasi-judicial Authorities
Drafting Agreements, contracts, pleadings and documents :
- Drafting, vetting and finalizing agreements and other documentation for Circle that includes Marketing & Sales, Operations, Enterprise and IT & networks support, documentation, Mobile Commerce agreements including VAS agreements, Distribution & retailing agreements, Real estate, Commercial and HR related agreements.
- Reviewing various marketing promotions, schemes, contests, competitions and creating awareness & providing risk analysis of such promotions etc.
Nodal responsibilities :
- Provide continuous support to designated LEAs in the matters concerning Legal Interception and Data Disclosure as per the prevalent guidelines / instructions issued by DoT.
- Adherence to the DoT specified TAT for compliance with Data Disclosure request (i.e. for CDR/SDR Data, CAF copies, Location data, IP details etc.) received from LEA's and other Authorized Govt. bodies.
- Ensure 100% Confidentiality of the communication between Security / Govt. Agencies and the company.
- Ensure mandated monthly data to be sent to designate LEA's on time as per DOT mandate.
- Attending to court Summons for evidencing of CDR/SDR data in time as per process and without escalations.
- Facilitating Internal LI testing as per the requirement .
- Coordinate with the LEA's for the LI Demo of new products and services .
- Coordination and Liaison with Director (CMS ) - TERM cell, C-DoT Authorities to facilitate the CMS testing and any other support required for CMS on ongoing basis.
- Liaison with Director (CMS ) - TERM cell
Business Advisory & Compliance :
- As part of the circle leadership team, providing strategic business partnering.
- The circle Legal Head is expected to support the business objectives of circle and growth and identify the risk in relation to broad complex matters having significant financial, reputation and financial liability exposure.
- Advisory to various departments including on labour, tax, advertisement, local authorities, sales, collection, network matters and to ensure corrective actions wherever required.
- Strict Compliance with LI SOP issued by DoT and the internal Nodal Manual.
- Maintenance of complete Confidentiality & Privacy of the requests that are received from LEA's for Legal interception and Data Disclosure. and also in all matters pertain to the Legal Interception and data Disclosure.
- Conduct Periodic Audit of Circle Nodal records to ensure adherence to the LI and data disclosure process/ instructions issued by DoT and the Nodal manual.
Key Skills :
Must have technical / professional qualifications :
- Understanding of TRAI Act,
- Telegraph Act, Telecom Licenses, TRAI Regulations, Directions, Tariff Orders, Employment, Contracts & Tax Laws.
Please apply in your Resume along with following details :
Current Location :
Ok to relocate to New Delhi :
Reason seeking relocation :
Family Set up ( Married /Kids/ Husband's / Wife's Job) :
Education Qualification with Institute, Year & Division :
Is your Post Grad full time/distance :
Total Experience :
Years of Exp in Litigation / Court Practice ( specify period) :
Industries worked in ( Pls specify) :
Experience in Telecom :
Understanding of TRAI, Telecom Act etc :
Current Direct Reports ( on-roll) :
Current Organization :
Current Designation :
Reporting to :
Current CTC ( fixed + Variable) :
Expected CTC :
Notice Period :
Min NP to be served :
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.