Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:968 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Senior Manager - Accounting - Shared Services (12-16 yrs)
Being a position that falls in the senior level of management, the Sr. Manager role is a mix of operational delivery and an opportunity to explore the leader in you.
Role specific skill sets:
Accounting concepts & Processing :
- Hands on experience in working and managing the payables, receivables and general ledger management processes
- Good understanding of accounting concepts
- Clear understanding of the Indian taxation i.e. Direct and Indirect taxes
- Good understanding of all legal and statutory requirements pertaining to accounting
- Comfortable working on excel and other MS-Office tools
- Hands on experience on working on any ERP e.g. Oracle, SAP, Tally etc.
- Hands on experience in working in process with a well-designed workflow structure
- Should have a proven track record of implementing process improvements
- Exposure to designing and preparing various MIS reports
- Experience in handling various audits e.g Statutory, Internal, SAS, ISO etc.
- Exposure to Lean, Six Sigma and other quality concepts. Practical experience of implementation of these concepts would be an added advantage
- Exposure of transition/migration is preferred
Strategy & Planning :
- Lead operational and strategic planning for the team assigned, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Ability to handle multi tasking roles and ensure proper coordination with multiple stake holders.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the service delivery.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for various tasks to be delivered.
Operational Management :
- Manage the deployment and monitoring of resources in performing the various tasks assigned.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and process requirements for new and better way of delivering activities.
- Direct involvement in identifying and developing tools for enhancing team performance.
- Manage to staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio
- Liaison with other operation teams for carrying out day to day to activities and ensuring that the operations run smoothly.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and other stake holders.
General skill sets:
- Client Excellence- Demonstrates a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Planning and organizing- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time and as per the expectations
- People development- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- Teamwork- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the department and firms goals
- Communicating- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way
- Motivating- Motivates self and others to succeed
Desired Candidate Profile :
Candidate qualification & experience
A BCom/M.Com/MBA/CA degree along with prior exposure of 12 16 years in working in Accounting team / Shared Service Centre
General skill sets:
- A dynamic personality and a passion to constantly improvise technology to suit the organization's needs
- A flair for leading a team and bringing about the best in people (minimum 6 years prior experience in managerial role)
- The drive to bring about change and a desire to constantly look for ways to use technology to drive efficiencies.
- An ability to understand the organization's goals and objectives and link them with the deliverables of the assigned function, in addition to overseeing delivery and operations
- Crossed the boundaries of operational delivery and stepped into the space of organizing, planning, and development
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.