Managing Partner at TenHeads Consultants
Views:627 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Senior Legal Manager - Bank (10-15 yrs)
- Legal Vetting: Ensuring all legal notices issued under SARFAESI ACT, RDDB ACT, COMPANIES ACT, NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT and also matter related to DERIVATIVE TRANSACTIONS are dealt with appropriately Ensuring all replies issued against Bank are responded appropriately Ensuring and vetting all cases filed on behalf of Bank for recovery of debts dealt with legally.
- Vetting of applications under Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Legal vetting of various correspondence with defaulter
- Liaising with external counsels / attorneys on regular basis: Identifying Law firms Briefing complicated issues with counsels Ascertain Banking experience of Advocates Fix fees schedule Ensure that Advocates were protecting the interest of the Bank by way of appropriate legal documentation, attending the court, arguments etc.
- Conducting periodical review with the advocates to ascertain the progress of the case
- To get directly involve with Recovery Managers in critical / high value / stressed cases: Attending conference and Courts to manage critical matters pending before DRT/DRAT/High Court etc.
- Providing legal support to take physical possession, conducting auction etc.
- Defending challenges initiated by the borrower and third parties against SARFAESI actions D.
- Litigation against Bank: Closely handle the suits and proceedings filed against the Bank wherein monetary claim is involved.
- Court Case Portal: Managing the same with Recovery managers and central legal teams Ascertaining matters filed against bank and review of the same periodically Reconcile reporting of matters against bank.
- Litigation Experience (Both Civil & Criminal)
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current legal trends in financial Industry.
- Banking Product & Process Knowledge
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.