Senior Legal Counsel - LLB/LLM (10-20 yrs)
Purpose of the role :
- To handle all litigation & arbitration matters
- Liaison with external counsels handling the litigations and arbitrations
- Strategize the best course of action for the company
- Drive initiatives that reduce disputes with clients
Your responsibilities :
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Handle all the litigation and arbitration matters and liaison with the external counsels.
- Involves identifying and recommending strategic decisions for closure of litigation and arbitration matters.
- Tracking of all cases, finalizing the plaints, arguments, claims etc shall be part of the scope of work.
- Attending critical hearings along with the external counsel
- Actively involved in helping business teams avoid any disputes with clients and vendors for ongoing projects.
- The candidate should have strong communication and negotiation skills and should have the ability to work independently.
- Training to inhouse teams on dispute resolution and its avoidance
What you bring :
- A relevant bachelors degree qualification in law. A masters degree in law is preferable.
- 10 -20 years' experience out of which a minimum of 10 years of experience in litigation.
- Existing strong network with external counsel in various locations in the country.
- Ability to work in a team or individually on multiple concurrent matters.
- Computer experience using standard MS Office suite of programs is required
- Demonstrates ability to deliver in a fast-paced, changing environment while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to work with external counsel, and other personnel on a daily basis
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organization, multitasking and time management skills that delivers effective planning.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.