AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:1336 Applications:157 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:111
Senior Legal Counsel - Lens Manufacturers - LLB (10-15 yrs)
The Senior LegalCounsel will assist the Group Head Legal and provide legal support to all aspects of businesses in Greater India and its group companies in different locations across India and abroad - ranging from commercial, manufacturing, operations, procurement, finance and corporate activities. He/She will be responsible for legal drafting, corporate advisory, litigation and M&A.
This position reports directly to Group Head Legal.
This position will also have a team to manage.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of short-term and long-term goals and plans to improve the efficacy of the legal department in order to provide quality services to the leadership team on business activities covering procurement, joint ventures, disputes, contracts, and general corporate activity.
- Manage a small team of lawyers.
- Proactively safeguard company interest by having clear risk mitigation strategies after identifying and prioritizing legal risks, emerging issues and threats that may affect the EIPL business.
- Support Group Head Legal on strategic M&A activities.
- Advise on contracts, prevailing legal risks and liabilities associated with different deals undertaken by EIPL or its group companies
- Draft and negotiate all kinds of Contracts, SOPs, and Guidelines for internal clients.
- Provide legal opinions, legal interpretations, and recommendations on issues related to labour & employment laws, disputes, corporate laws, transfer of property, intellectual property etc..
- Manage disputes with third parties.
- Keeping up with current changes in all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company's legal function.
- Ensure Implementation of global procedures and policies in Indian entities.
- Provide training to internal clients on compliance, antitrust and general corporate/group guidelines.
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Periodically update business and senior management on the progress of all critical issues.
- 10 - 14 years of experience as an in-house counsel. Prior litigation and law firm experience would be an added advantage.
- Qualified LLB from a Tier 1 law school.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Experience in managing a team
- Good drafting skills.
- Having hands on experience on M&A transaction and Litigations.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies for internal clients
- Capacity to handle complexity and manage priorities within agreed timelines
- Strong professional ethics.
- Energetic and dynamic personality with willingness to take on challenges and find solutions.
- Team player.
- Willingness to be hands on.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to handle the multicultural environment and people at all levels of the organization.