HR Manager at Confidential
Views:1130 Applications:329 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:38
Senior Internal Auditor - Process & Compliance (5-8 yrs)
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Execute on a varied set of internal audit initiatives including providing assurance, audits, risk assessments and remediation reviews.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensure Internal Audit activities are carried out in compliance with Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Work fairly autonomously and can flex to new areas or topics with supervision.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities specific to results/outcome based self and people
- Ensure operational excellence and deliver work on time and at optimal quality
- Perform audit procedures by using adequate methodology, tools and techniques.
- Effective identification, development, and documentation of audit issues, identification of root cause and negotiation of effective solutions.
- Effective and timely stakeholder relationship building and communication throughout all stages of the audit from planning to reporting to peers, stakeholders and IA management.
- On-going quality control over the work performed (project documentation and deliverables).
- Develops and maintains productive stakeholder, team-oriented management and staff relationships.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Leads through understanding risks relevant to audit engagements: Financial, Operational, Information Technology, Environment Health & Safety, etc.
- Provide assurance and evaluation of management's governance, risk management, controls and compliance, systems, processes and policies, and procedures to assist senior leadership in their oversight role.
- Execute complex audits and assessments, determine the scope of work, conduct the work required to accomplish the audit objectives and then timely communicate the conclusions reached.
- Creating 3 years audit plan to cover all operation and service units globally.
- Each auditor is in charge to organize his/her audit schedule. The detailed audit arrangements are coordinated with the Operation Unit manager and the quality manager of this business.
- Each audit will have an audit schedule, audit report and deviation or gap report which will be issued latest a week after the audit.
- Audit summary and deviation report will be provided at the end of each visit to the local management team.
- All Audits will be archived in a document management system. Deviations will have owner and a due date. The international auditor is in charge to chase all open actions triggered by his/her executed audits. In case on missing dates the audit lead will escalate it to the Team Leader to raise awareness in leadership that dates are missed.
- The deviation reports will be used to identify structural issues in the processes. The audit team will analyze the results twice a year to identify structural weaknesses in processes and share them with the leadership.
- The auditors will support and coach the local process owners to develop robust root cause analysis and process improvements.
- The compliance audits will give us an overview about best in class implementations at sites. The Auditors will identify best in class processes and publish these as best practices to the rest of the organization.
- The auditors will develop key performance metrics to understand how many process deviations we experience. Secondly, a metric must be developed which shows that audit process is effective.
What You'll Need
- 6-8 years of experience in internal audit, compliance or risk management roles
- Experience in execution and documentation of Operations, Finance and Compliance audits
- High attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in quality management (formal quality qualifications).
- Minimum 5 years of experience auditing.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt required (or equivalent), Quality Management or auditor training (ISO or other international).
- Working knowledge of ISO standards and procedures, internal controls and other company requirements
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical thinking and - outside-the-box- approach to reach a solution.
- Experience working with minimal supervision to multi-task, manage workload to completion
- Experience working as part of a global, cross-functional team and working with all levels
- Experience independently operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects/initiative
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices (e.g. leading teams), and managing projects through the audit/project lifecycle
Bonus Points, If
- Certification in 1 or more of the following: Project Management, CA, CPA or CIA
- Master's degree in Finance, Operations or MBA