Partner at Antal International Networks
Views:1505 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:107
Senior General Manager - Finance & Company Secretary - Healthcare/Pharma - CA/CS (14-20 yrs)
Purpose of Role
- Lead and manage the financial administration team and processes.
- Act as Company Secretary to the company and to discharge all responsibilities as required by Company's Law of India on behalf of the company.
- Support the Managing Director in ensuring compliance to Corporate Governance Framework.
- Manage legal matters of the company.
- Represent the company as the owner of the ERP system.
- Responsible for the update and implementation of ISO 9001:2008
Key Result Areas
1. Financial Administration:
- Oversee timely and accurate preparation of financial reports (i.e. income statements, balance sheet etc.) both for Group reporting and for submission to government regulatory bodies.
- Conduct variance analysis with the objective of providing management with insight into the drivers of performance including but not limited to profitability analysis of products and provide good and sound advice on viable actions.
- Maintain full set of accounts in accordance to IFRS and local accounting standards as well in compliance to local statutory and company rules and regulations.
- Ensure the accounts are updates in a timely and accurately.
- Manage and work with and support external auditors to complete their responsibilities in accordance to local statutory requirements.
- Supervises and approves the settlement of financial obligations of the companies and validates disbursements for accuracy, propriety in compliance to the company's policies and guidelines
- Administers the planning and funding of the company's cash requirements and remittances to ensure obligations are met and all collections are properly remitted.
- Monitor all collection, send chaser and coordination to receive all receivables in time.
Credit and Collection:
- Administers company's funds tied up in trade receivables through timely and accurate recording and collection of receivables.
- In case of delinquents, carry out corrective actions to recover outstanding amounts.
- Regularly review credit limits granted to customers and set appropriate credit limits in accordance to company's policy.
- Ensure timely and accurately computed and filing of all direct and indirect taxes.
- Review all new tax regulations and guidelines issued by tax authorities and seek advice of external tax experts as necessary and update Regional CFO according for discussion and actions.
- Support regional activities in relation to transfer pricing matters.
- Ensure that all customs orders are updated and in accordance to company's policy on transfer pricing and Customs- regulations.
- Direct and review timely and accurate preparation of all statutory reports.
- File the statutory reports with the relevant government bodies in a timely manner.
- Pricing administration
- Support Managing Director in computation of landed cost and selling prices to distributors.
- Support Managing Director in computation of recommended selling prices to end customers.
Annual budgets, forecasting and Mid-term plans
- Prepares and finalize annual budgets to Managing Director and for submission to regional HO.
- Prepares and finalize forecasts to Managing Director and for submission to regional HO.
2. Company Secretarial
- Ensure statutory compliance by aligning business process with applicable laws.
- Maintain and keep updated all statutory registers, minute books etc. in accordance to local statutory regulations and company's Articles of Association.
- Organise Board Meetings, General Body Meetings etc.
- Liaise and communicate with all Government, Semi Government departments/offices, Institutions relevant to the business of the Company and also with consultants, Legal Advisors, Advocates appointed by the company.
- Make applications, file forms, returns under various applicable laws.
- Manage legal and business communications.
- Interpret and advise management on the Statutes applicable to the business of the Company.
3. Corporate Governance
- Support the managing director in ensuring adherence to Corporate Governance Framework and Compliance Policy of the Group.
- Suggest and appropriate internal controls that safeguards the company's assets including but not limited to financial assets (tangible and intangible), abide by segregation of duties and four-eyes principles.
- Point of contact of internal audit findings management and ensuring completion of corrective actions in a timely manner to resolve all internal audit findings.
4. Legal Matters
- Liaise with external legal experts and law first on legal implications of contracts and changes in rules and laws as necessary.
- Drafts, vet legal documents.
- Manage litigations for and against company with the support of external legal experts.
- Support the regional CFO in protect the IP of the group.
- Ensure the legal data is updated with latest documents in accordance to Legal Governance Policy.
5. ERP System
- Represents the company as the owner of the ERP system to regional HO.
- Super user of ERP to support, guide and implement changes in accordance to RHQ directions.
6. Management of ISO 9001:2008
- Performs all duties of an MR by lead the Company in the effective implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the integrated management system for quality and the environment (ISO 9001:2008).
- Provide guidance and manage performance of direct reports through proper goal settings and performance appraisals of direct reports.
- Support the Managing Director in realising goals and objectives of the Company, the regional HO and Group by providing guidance and morale support to direct reports.
8. Other tasks as and when assigned by immediate superior.
CA and CS are mandatory qualifications for this role