Recruitment Specialist at Genetic Callnet Consultancy Pvt Ltd
Views:1994 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Senior Functional Consultant - IT (4-8 yrs)
Job Summary :
Senior consultant role requires understanding of the domain and using that understanding to enhance work output in terms of functionality and enhancement to software applications. Role requires understanding of the accounting process followed at FA to help customize the development of the Oracle financial suite. Enhancing application and achieving speed and efficiency by setting trouble shooting and debugging guidelines.
Role also requires decision making on the type of platform to be used for the applications (Windows, Web, SharePoint etc.). Determining the process and strategy to be used in software design at a project level (Agile, top-down, bottom up, stepwise refinement, use of patterns and pattern languages, iterative and incremental processes etc.). Role is required to assessing and diagnosing issues faced in design of an application and determining preliminary solutions to identified issues and gaps. Advising the business on their financial reporting needs and customizing the cubes for the same & having a macro view of the servers and user platforms being used in the Hyperion environment.
- Understands and meets stated needs & requirements of the stakeholders, brings contextual nuances in deliverables and work output to truly partner with all concerned stakeholders.
- Adapts to other cultures and unfamiliar situations, thinks on the feet & displays sense of urgency for completion of deliverables.
- Knowledge on creating program plans spanning across multiple projects modules to drive overall program effectiveness in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Analyzing scope change requests to make informed decision on resourcing, cost and time estimation & effectively managing all escalations in-line with organization norms.
- Driving speed and automation of builds by writing process improvement scripts to be run on CM tools & building capability of the team by identifying training needs on CM practices and tool usage. Driving efficiency in development by suggesting improvements to CM practices (including multi-site, distributed development) and processes (branching, build, backup etc.)
- Ensuring no errors in development by troubleshooting and resolving CM problems.
- Must have complete end to end understanding of the product being developed and its usage & guiding the teams/members on interfaces and other dependencies of the product, also guiding the teams/members on of production infrastructure.
- Suggest ways to improvise and optimize production infrastructure/architecture and troubleshoot related incidents
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration by promoting openness and dialogue, facilitates participation of self and other team members in organizational decisions and motivates other team members and drives pride and positivity in work. Exhibits professionalism in conduct of work and respects others- views.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required to interact with colleagues including customer, onshore counterpart, supervisors, team members, business analysts and business teams.
- Interact with business user on regular production support tickets, enhancements, requirements and work towards appropriate solution.
- Coordination with the business to complete testing based on a completed QA and UAT documentation plan.
- Accountable to deliver objects within SLA with quality norm.
- Perform daily activities, issue resolution and communication across team.
- SR co-ordination with Oracle and DEV/DBA team.
- Acts as a bridge between several teams to work in SDLC.
- Providing knowledge to QA team for the CSR's, which they need help in testing. Same is the case with development.
- Review and approve test strategies and test plans for QA.
- Point of contact for releases and production support releases when needed.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Point of contact with the business throughout testing to ensure that all scenarios are properly tested and users are not running into any issue.
- Provide necessary inputs for documentation and process improvement
Technical Skills :
- Functional expert in the Oracle E - Business Suite (R12.5) with primary skill set of R2R - AR, GL, CM modules with an understanding towards SCM - OM, INV, Adv. Pricing.
- Strong experience in Business requirement, Gap Analysis, Design, Implementation and Production Support of Oracle Applications Financials modules and customized Business solution with in Oracle.
- Candidate to have implementation project experience in the Financials modules with extensive R2R experience.
- Strong domain knowledge on financials is desired.
- Hands on experience in writing Functional test cases, Unit test cases and Integration test cases.
- Good Documentation Skills i.e. BP080, BR100, MD050.
- Exposure to Fusion applications is an advantage
Educational Qualification and Experience :
- Minimum of 15 years of formal education - Graduate / Post Graduate in Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Professional work experience of 4-8 years
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.