Founder at Mithra HR Consulting
Views:43 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Financial Data Engineer - WealthTech/FinTech (8-10 yrs)
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to work within one of our Product teams, partnering with team members from Product, Design and Engineering. You will have a strong collaborative background, focusing on working with multidisciplinary teams, to create, shape and form the best possible data products. You should be comfortable and skilled with challenging the status quo and relish the idea of solving hard problems through deep collaboration with Customers and cross functional teams.
You will tackle interesting, novel situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to partner with multiple product teams at Valuefy in order to deliver exceptional service to the Wealth Platform business.
- As a Data Engineer in our engineering and data teams, you will build a world class financial services experience for investors and financial advisers. You will provide customers the most best data products end to end from obtaining data source, ingestion and assuring the data through to the visualizations and packaging of the product for internal and external customers to consume.
- You will have the freedom and encouragement to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have the satisfaction of being able to deliver value to customers in a fast-paced, iterative environment, as well as look back and say you were a big part of something truly innovative from the earliest stages.
- You will have a direct impact on our products, technologies and the future of investing. You will be part of a team of creative, top-notch team of architects, who work hard, have fun, and are true pioneers in our industry.
You will be responsible for -
- Working in cross functional teams with engineering, product, and design colleagues to design scalable, maintainable enterprise data products, which solve complex customer and business problems
- Using IT resources at an advanced level to create Interfaces, ETL Solutions, enabling Valuefy meet their goals Understanding data formats and translating them to useful process inputs.
- Develop and amend high performance data feed
- Develop, build, and test key data products
- Ensure new development adheres to architectural guidelines
- Evaluate technology options in the data space
- Understand Customer and Business opportunities, work with teams to suggest new data products, piloting and progressing to production capabilities exceeding customer expectations
- We are passionate about supporting a learning culture across our teams, mentoring team members to leverage best engineering practices, tooling, and methods
- Attending and contributing at all relevant team events and ceremonies.
- Strong SQL skills: extract, manipulate, transform, and analyze large volumes of data with a high level of accuracy.
- Good understanding of Private banks and custody portfolio data feeds.
- Deep understanding of derivative and exotic financial products like Structured product, FX derivatives, FX and Interest rate swaps, accumulator/decumulator.
- Identify and prioritize additional information needed to drive greater insights
- Hands-on experience of valuation of financial products, performance, and risk computation across asset classes.
- Solution implementation from excel integration, data uploads, data checks, documenting processes, meetings, flow diagrams, manuals, etc.
- Planning and monitoring
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
Qualification & Experience:
- Any Graduate or Postgraduate.
- CFA, FRM & MBA in Finance.
- 8+ Years of professional experience.
Great to have's: Must have skills or competencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial concepts applicable in Capital markets.
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as in a competitive landscape new data keeps flowing in rapidly and the world is constantly changing.
- Being able to create examples, prototypes, demonstrations.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Flexible and able to adapt to business requirements.
- Strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills.