Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:1614 Applications:294 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Senior Financial Analyst - Oil & Gas (6-15 yrs)
Our client is a global leader for design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. HQ in London with offices across more than 100 countires, looking to fill position in Sharjah.
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst Location: Sharjah, UAE
Reports to: Group Reporting Manager
Interested candidates must contact S Krishnan at 00918309618146
- Preference is given to CA
- Preference is given to women Candidates
- Preference is given to candidates with Big 4 audit experience or candidates who has worked in large Oil & Gas firms, or infrastructure companies
Main purpose of role: Responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of all external financial reporting requirements for the Group including subsidiary entities - Ensuring that the client's financial controls framework is design and operationally effective.
- Providing technical accounting and financial reporting guidance and advise to Business Units which involves preparing and reviewing technical accounting papers.
- Improving the efficiency and accuracy of Group financial reporting processes - Live- client Values (Safe, ethical, innovative, responsive, quality and cost conscious & driven to deliver)
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of various quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and ad-hoc deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting requirements, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of group consolidated reports for quarterly, half-yearly and annual external financial reporting (IFRS compliant), preparation of various sections of Group consolidated financial statements and review of standalone financial statements for various subsidiaries.
- Managing the annual external audit and interim review processes for the assigned areas of responsibility
- Review financial information submitted by Business Units and through analysis to enforce second line of defense to ensure quality and integrity of the financial information submitted.
- Enhance financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends and recommend actions and perform balance sheet reviews.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical knowledge on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Prepare and review Group and Business Unit analytical review documents.
- Implementation of new IFRS standards - Perform activities to sustain the Group's financial control framework e.g., organise annual risk assessment and six-monthly control owner self-assessme nt (COSA) and communicate findings and proposed changes to the financial controls framework to Group Financial Controller and Finance Leadership Team (FLT).
- Supervise and manage a team of up to 6 members.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Mastery competence proficiency level required for the following (being able to diagnose and resolve significant, unusual problems and to successfully adapt aspects of an area of expertise):
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with special focus on:
- Group consolidation and reporting: IFRS 3, IFRS 8, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 12, IAS 7, IAS 8, IAS 21, IAS 24, IAS 27, IAS 28, IAS 33, IAS 34
- Financial instruments: IFRS 7, IFRS 9, IFRS 13, IAS 32
- Revenue recognition: IFRS 15
- Impairment of non-current assets: IAS 36
- Group consolidation processes
- MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Analytical skills and the ability to be flexible regarding nature of work.
- Verbal and written communication
- Skill competence proficiency level required for the following (being able to carry out consistently the activities of an area of expertise):
- Hyperion Financial Management
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the business and to communicate with non-finance colleagues and build effective relationships.
- Strong desire to learn and develop himself/herself professionally.
- Ability to critically analyse current work methods to suggest and rapidly implement successful change.
- Strong desire to learn and develop himself/herself professionally and take a willingness to share expertise and develop others with the ability to:
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- Listen to team members- feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Discover training needs and provide necessary coaching
- At least 6 years post qualification experience in a large sized multinational business, either in practice or industry
- Must have worked with Big 4 at least at Manager level.
- Extensive experience and understanding of IFRS accounting standards.
- Recent practical experience of Group consolidation is mandatory.
- Must have working experience with Hyperion Financial Management consolidation system.
- Experience of EPC oil and gas business is preferred