Senior Director - Private Sector Engagement - NGO (18-25 yrs)
Senior Director - Private Sector Engagement.
Our client is a leading non-profit organization based works in domain of Climate, sustainability and Livelihood. They presence in 18 countries around the globe.
- Provide positive leadership and development for the team, ensuring they feel close to the mission and the importance of their delivery against budget and impact targets
- Produce and drive an organisational strategy and long-range plan for significant corporate funding over the next 2 years
- Provide close and effective management of income budgets with regular pipeline forecasting and trend analysis
- Acting as media spokesperson on policy issues, and supporting the integration of policymaker needs into organisation's wider communications strategy;
- Along with directors and sr. directors leads the development of strategy for individual companies and works closely with the team to develop proposals and plans for specific private sector engagements
- Aligns strategy and operating plans to drive progress toward annual fundraising goals.
- Guides the Directors in the preparation and monitoring of their fundraising plans, and prospect management including revenue forecasts.
- Sets an example of respect, accountability, motivation, and high productivity.
- Applies influence and negotiating skills to drive results.
- Contributes to the development of documents for the board, including quarterly updates, and annual progress reports.
- An experienced professional with a successful track record and demonstrated experience developing and implementing creative strategies for increasing funding and support for mission-driven organizations
- Manages a team that will include directors, fundraisers, relationship managers, technical and operations staff.
- Research and set accurate but ambitious budgetary targets, with high, mid and low scenario planning - and deliver on both income and expenditure
- Plot growth opportunities; inform budgets and risk management; monitor results and amend strategies in order to meet growth targets
- Possession of a supportive and accessible management style, the ability to lead and motivate a diverse staff, and experience in managing change and growth.
- A desire to play a key role in achieving an ambitious vision that will require audacious thinking and a comfort level with a fast pace.
- The intellectual depth, maturity and confidence to work with and command the respect and confidence of Board.
- Leads with excellence. Demonstrates courage by holding self and others accountable and by leading organizational change.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising and development initiatives.
- Superior management skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and engage subordinates and peers.
- Provide leadership and identify opportunities for a healthy partnerships pipeline
- Lead the team to gather intelligence on corporate and impact investor trends, as well as monitoring and evaluation to ensure organization is able to show impact and secure future funding
- Present private sector engagement opportunities to field offices based on country-level programmatic priorities.
- Liaise with field offices and explore potential for expansion of country level relationships to regional/global level.
- Support and assist with monitoring and evaluation of shared value and inclusive business activities.
- Support managers in the Institutional Partnerships. This includes responsibility for developing and nurturing relationships with introducers, corporates, consultants who will help to create opportunities for the pipeline
- Working with key teams, ensure partners are invited to networking events and round table discussions
- Working with Programmes teams, facilitate collaboration between institutional and private sector partners to secure further funding through tripartite relationships
- A Master's degree in a related field (e.g. MBA ) is preferred.
- 18+ years experience in business, sustainability, conservation, nonprofit management, or relevant background.
- Excellent people management skills. Ability to work well in cross-functional teams and enjoys mentoring team members.
- Strong communications and collaboration skills required. Dynamic and alignment-building with internal stakeholder groups.
- Proven track record of delivering on revenue goals.
- Ability to operate with independence and collaboratively, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to understand complex financial records.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills; attention to detail; the ability to think strategically and act decisively; and strong work ethic.
- Unimpeachable ethical standards, confidentiality, and personal integrity.