Senior Director - Operations (15-20 yrs)
- Provides support to the Director and other key personnel regarding Project financial management issues ensuring compliance with project requirements and other governing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient use of project resources. Monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives.
- Provide information, advice, and technical assistance to partners on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting, audit reports, procurement, and award monitoring.
- Oversee allocation of staffing resources and responsibilities for agency priorities
- Support and promote timely, desired outcomes for these priorities.
- Ensures the timely receipt, accrual, review, and processing of Partners billings. Interfaces directly with partners financial personnel with respect to questionable charges and variances between actual and budgeted line-item costs.
- Does research and provides training regarding implementation and compliance issues in general areas of finance, contracts, and grants administration to staff and partners at all levels of the Project as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and translate the work plan to line items to develop annual and project budgets. Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process.
- Measure the effectiveness of all process internal and external; and provides timely, accurate and complete performance and statistical reports on the operating condition.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operations infrastructure of systems processes and personnel designed to accommodate meeting the objectives of the organizations.
- Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
- Oversee monthly financial reporting including statement of activities, statement of financial position, cash projections, forecasting and grant reporting.
- Oversee the agency's information technology, data, voice, and electronic communication operations.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide precise, detailed, reports during project start-up and throughout implementation and close-out
- Manage all aspects of procurement, from planning to purchasing, in compliance with organisations policies and standards.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Supervise and mentor project operations and finance staff
- Supervises and/or monitors performance of finance and administrative staff including those in regional and country offices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant, or Post Graduate/ MBA in Finance and Accounting. Minimum 12 years hands-on experience on management of operations of a growing organization with multiple office locations.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership.
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.