Partner at Premier Consultants
Views:456 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Senior Data Scientist - Consulting Firm (2-6 yrs)
This is regarding A job opening for Senior Data scientist with A leading Consulting firm in Bangalore.
Job Description :
- A Bachelors' degree and above in computer science/statistics from a reputed institution. A Masters' degree in data science or a related discipline would be a plus
- 3-5 years as a data scientist. Experience in building a product would be a definite plus.
- Deep knowledge of both statistical and machine learning techniques, and experience in their application. However, experience in recommender algorithms, reinforcement learning and NLP would be a plus.
- Rich experience in building models on real-life datasets. Exposure to domains such as retail, BFSI, FMCG and QSR would be a plus.
- High degree of proficiency in R/Python. Working knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of C++/Java would be a plus.
Soft skills :
- Critical thinking : Distinguish between what's cool and what's likely to create a useful product that the market wants.
- Communication : Liaison effectively with product deployment teams and clients as required.
- Write white papers and research papers, give webinars, teach.
- Solutioning mindset : Work through vaguely defined real world problems, identify the technical problems to solve, and develop a stage-wise plan to solve them.
- Learning Ability : Constantly stay up-to-date on recent developments in the field, identify what's relevant to our mission and incorporate it as needed.
- Teamwork : Work with not just other data scientists, but also engineers, consultants, sales leaders and clients. Learn to speak their language and convince them about your point of view when required.