Senior Recruiter at SP Staffing Services
Views:2172 Applications:183 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:92
Senior Corporate Counsel - Licensing Software - eCommerce (10-16 yrs)
Senior Corporate Counsel ( licensing Software ) - Leading ECommerce Company
This Senior Corporate Counsel will lead the legal team supporting the Company's Web Services sales and marketing team in India and will report into the regional lead counsel in Singapore. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service and licensing agreements with enterprise customers and partners, support for local and regional marketing initiatives, and will act as a counselor for senior management and other business team members. The role includes participating in other Company's legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries, and working proactively with regulators and policymakers.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
Basic Qualifications :
- Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading university and/or law school.
- Licensed to practice law in India, or the U.S. or other common law jurisdiction.
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience. More experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and services agreements.
- Strong transactional background, with drafting and negotiation experience and understanding of data protection law issues.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications :
- In house experience at a major multinational technology company.
- A background in software licensing (including open source), web services/cloud computing or telecommunications.
- Experience managing people and developing high performing lawyers and legal professionals.
SP Staffing Services