Analyst - Recruitment Sales/Business Development at Crescendo Global
Views:509 Applications:149 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Corporate Counsel - Disputes & Litigation - BFSI/BPO (9-18 yrs)
Job opportunity for working professionals having at least 9 years of experience in Disputes Resolution as well as Litigation Management working on Analyzing case files, contracts, documentary evidence, and carry out litigation strategies.
Location: Delhi NCR/Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responding to dispute and pre-dispute demand letters
- Counseling business and stakeholders on legal dispute best-practices
- Analyzing case files, contracts, documentary evidence, and carry out litigation strategy
- Conducting interviews, gather documents and electronic records
- Coordinating and scheduling depositions, hearings, trials, conferences and meetings
- Summarizing calls, set action items, follow through to closure
- Verifying information, locate evidence and exhibits
- Managing budgets, billing and invoices
- Negotiating rates and contracts for legal services vendors
- Maintaining a case management database
- Obtaining copies of company and court documents
- Assists in all facets of litigation, including pre-disputes, fact investigation, drafting legal responses, responding to subpoenas and other discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Perform legal work in-house whenever possible
- Interact with outside counsel, including, budgets and invoices, compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and work product
- Draft succinct, practical legal advice
- Identify, review, analyze, manage and resolve pre-disputes
- Implement, and enforce company policies on eDiscovery
- The ideal candidate will be a law graduate with 10+ years' experience
- Strong Disputes experience.
- Relevant inhouse exp at an IT services company.
- This role would suit a detail oriented professional with good organizational skills and excellent English writing and oral communication skills who works well with a very diverse range of functions and is comfortable with uncertainty.