Senior Consultant at ABC Consultants
Views:252 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Senior Consumer Sensory Insights Role - Foods (10-17 yrs)
Sr. Consumer Sensory Insights-FMCG
Provide sensory and consumer insights to innovation and renovation projects:
- Assure early-phase collaboration between R&D and business and defines the consumer insight, benefit territory and technical solutions in the context of the strategic business opportunity.
- Operate as a promoter of consumer perspective throughout the innovation/renovation development process.
- For front-end innovation, drive and influence idea generation, concept development and refinement, by supporting co-ideation and co-creation processes with the end-user.
- Be key consumer/sensory business partner to R&D and Business Category Leads and help define questions and outcomes from a consumer and sensory insight perspective to add value and influence project success.
- Play an active part in cross functional project teams within and across NHSc and provide leadership, direction and guidance on use and choice of advanced sensory and consumer methodologies.
Manage and execute consumer and sensory studies with excellence:
- Apply appropriate consumer and sensory methods within time and budget constraints, execute tests, analyze results, and communicates high level recommendations and implications for efficient, effective, timely decision making.
- Lead complex projects of strategic importance, by designing fit-to-purpose sensory science, consumer and/or market research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative), procedures and processes that provides key insights to answer objectives and communicate outcomes and their potential implications.
- Proactively manage and contribute to projects with cross-functional teams while supporting the identification and communication of risks and opportunities while working collaborative to identify solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to draw upon knowledge of adjacent functions to provide a clearer and deeper understanding of products and consumers.
- Establishes clear sensory specifications that drive quality and manufacturing excellence.
Provide sensory & consumer understanding as it relates to the product experience and translate into actionable insights:
- Build and leverage knowledge to identify new opportunities and guide strategy.
- Drive and lead category preference mapping to identify competitive insights to optimize the product to enhance the consumer experience and identify white space opportunities that can drive future growth and guide strategy.
- Anticipate needs and nurture relationships with external service providers, such that they perform and serve as an extension of the CSI.
Ensure CSI supports continuous improvement and team development:
- Drive new method development and adoption within and across the CSI functions that support NHSc.
- Model continuous improvement, technical knowledge sharing and functional know-how throughout the organization.
- Lead continuous improvement of consumer and sensory practices, applying innovative and agile methods.
- Ensure high quality results through panel maintenance and performance, and participate in the recruitment, training of present and future panel members.
- Leads communication that promotes consumer understanding and maximizes collaboration between sensory, consumer, R&D, and global business/partners.
- Drive category-specific CSI training to Markets, Sensory, Factory Sensory, and business partners.
Build and share knowledge:
- Build and cultivates foundational knowledge of the product category and target consumer with a focus on how/why consumer perceive and interact with products (including packaging) to generate relevant insights.
- Develop knowledge and promotes bests practices for delivering taste preferences, sensory cues, and benefits to ensure effective product and package design.
- Uncover learnings and understanding from internal and external sources (trends, competitive benchmarking, preferences, and sensory mapping, etc.) that inform product and packaging design to maximize the consumer experience.
- Apply strong analytical (Design of Experiment, statistics, etc.) knowledge and understanding to translate consumer responses into key drivers of liking and key sensory attributes to delight consumers.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.