Co-Founder at LeanFlo Inc.
Views:7883 Applications:901 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:651
Senior Consultant - Management Consulting - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (6-8 yrs)
Senior Consultant - Diversity Position - Boutique Consulting - Ex or Current McK / BCG / Bain / Kearney Candidates
Senior Consultant | Management Consulting | Tier 1 MBA | Diversity Position
- The firm is a mission-driven consulting organization, with professionals who are experienced advisors to corporates, foundations, and nonprofit/NGO leaders. Through the combination of customised consulting services, powerful insights, and ground-breaking initiatives, it helps clients worldwide create a more equitable and sustainable world.
- The firm's collaborative approach combines rigorous data analysis with facilitation and a passion for impact. It helps companies design social impact strategies that strengthen their businesses, and enables funders and nonprofits develop and evaluate programs and strategies that advance their missions. It has worked with clients such as Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, General Mills, Kaiser Permanente, and the Global Fund for Women to create social impact in health, economic development, education, and more.
Senior Consultant (Mumbai, India) :
- Senior Consultant in the Mumbai office will primarily work in our Inclusive Markets approach area. Our Inclusive Markets approach leverages innovative business models to help provide households with low-income with beneficial products and services and better livelihoods.
- Projects range from market-building programs that involve direct engagement with entrepreneurs and households with low-income, to research projects where we investigate important issues and publish cutting-edge content for a global audience. Over the last few years, our Inclusive Markets team has worked across 35 countries in Asia and Africa. Our expertise spans diverse sectors, including health, sanitation, housing, education, and livelihoods.
- Senior Consultants are responsible for - developing and executing social action programs, contributing to the generation and dissemination of field-building knowledge, and leading various firm development activities. Typical Associate Director responsibilities include:
Managing one or more project teams to address client and social-action program- specific needs
- Developing detailed work plans for several project workstreams and deliverables
- Designing and overseeing research and analysis approaches to answer critical questions in the project mandate
- Leveraging / developing appropriate frameworks to identify key learnings and strategic recommendations based on the analyses
- Ensuring effective communication of the team's findings and deliverables, including designing and managing workshops or other appropriate engagement formats
- Overseeing professional development and coaching of team members
- Supporting and advising partners as they implement recommendations
- Collaborating with colleagues who may be involved in relevant parts of the project across other offices
- Developing engagement plans that balance the client's interests, perspective, and goals with the needs of stakeholders, including people with more direct experience of the social issue
- Engaging with senior client contacts as a peer and counselor with valuable expertise and insight who can participate in strategic discussions.
- Effectively communicating with clients across experience levels and diverse backgrounds in a poised, mature, professional manner in all interactions.
- Build solid professional relationships with client contacts by showing genuine interest in helping them achieve their social impact goals
- Working collaboratively with the firm's Asia Impact Unit leadership to identify and build areas of social impact
- Advancing the intellectual capital of the firm and finding ways to help the firm meet its mission to increase the pace of social change
- Building and managing relationships between the firm's Asia Impact Unit and clients, funders, and partners
- Representing the Asia Impact Unit at external forums (e.g., conferences and workshops)
- Contributing to business development
Building the firm's culture and infrastructure :
- Serving as a leader within the Mumbai office and mentoring junior staff
- Supporting formal firm-building initiatives (e.g., recruiting and training)
- Participating in social / culture-building activities.
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
Education & Experience :
- A graduate degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, MPP, or MPA) strongly preferred
- Prior experience in strategy consulting (5-7 years) or at a blue-chip corporate (6-8 years) or other relevant experience. Ideal candidates will have experience managing complex projects that require rigorous analysis, client management, and strategic planning
- A Strong demonstrated interest in working for (or learning about) social impact is a plus
- Experience of living, studying, or working in a developing country is strongly desired
- Academic and/or practical grounding in business strategy, marketing, finance and operations, and related analytical techniques
- Excellent academic credentials for both undergraduate and graduate coursework (if applicable)
- Experience considering and/or applying equity and inclusion principles is preferred (e.g. disaggregating data, addressing disparities between populations and/or designing culturally appropriate interview guides, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in English is required
- Proficiency in Hindi and other Indian languages is a plus
- Experience of managing multiple work streams and teams
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
Personal Qualities :
- Strongly motivated to tackle the formidable challenges of poverty and drive social change
- Able to travel domestically or internationally up to 30% of the time (travel requirements vary considerably by project)
- Able to show initiative and drive work independently
- Intellectually curious, insightful, and creative yet analytically rigorous
- Emotionally intelligent - able to build strong relationships that inspire openness and trust; to collaborate in teamwork settings with colleagues and clients; and balance inquiry and advocacy in all personal interactions
- Comfortable working on challenging, complex and ambiguous problems where there may be no definitive 'right answer.'
- Capable of working on multiple, overlapping tasks in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer : As an equal opportunity employer, the firm committed to and value diversity, equity, and inclusion.