Senior Communications Specialist (8-15 yrs)
The organization seeks to hire a Senior Communications Specialist with demonstrated experience in communications strategy and team management. The role will be crucial in establishing brand as the leading think tank from the Global South. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, excellent crisis management abilities, and a proven track record of forging and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially editors. The candidate will play a crucial role in designing and executing strategic communications for various research teams, as well as striking high-impact partnerships.
Work experience and other skills
- Minimum 8+ years of experience, with at least two years preferred in a leadership position.
- Prior experience in managing crises for recognized brands and organizations of repute.
- Proven track record of successful crisis management and strategic communications planning.
- Strong relationships with key editors, journalists, and influencers in the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Prior experience in a media organization/development sector organization/PR organization in a similar role/ capacity.
- Ability to work well under pressure; remain composed and solution-focused.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Strong drive and initiative, a self-starter.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Collaborate with the Director-Strategic Communications to implement the brand's overall communications strategy and position it as a leading think tank from the Global South.
- Design and execute strategic communications plans for various research teams to ensure the brands research has maximum impact.
- Lead on-ground crisis management and develop contingency plans to mitigate potential reputational risks.
- Forge and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders, especially media editors and social influencers, in India and globally, to enhance the brands visibility.
- Manage and improve team performance of brands Outreach team by reviewing work, providing timely feedback, and evaluating key results areas. Identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Strengthen and establish monitoring systems to track conversations online and in the media to anticipate sensitivities and feedback.
- Identify and execute high-impact communications partnerships with allied organizations, media partners, and corporate partners.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Foresight Team at brand and liaison with others in the Outreach team on time-sensitive requests from Foresight.
- Stay up to date with latest communications trends and and help the brand adopt industry best practices.
- Monitor and analyze communication metrics to assess the effectiveness of communication strategies and adjust as needed.
- Manage the brand and ensure all communication materials adhere to brand guidelines
- Ensure strict adherence to outreach processes at the organization
- Support the outreach team on content-related and coordination activities as and when required.
- Support the Director - Strategic Communications and Communications Coordinator on special and innovative projects.