CEO at Apex Talent
Views:3609 Applications:221 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
Senior Category Manager - Social Commerce Startup - IIT/IIM/BITS/MDI/XLRI (3-7 yrs)
Our client is a startup in Social Commerce and looking for a category manager
Qualification/Job Description :
- 3-7 Years Work Ex
- Should be presently managing a category in Ecommerce
- Analytical Mindset, Number Driven and Problem Solving Skills
- Process Driven (Structured approach in driving day to day operations in category)
- Customer Interaction (Understanding root problems of a Reseller) and Supplier Communication (Negotiating Discounts, Exclusive Listings)
- Should be able to coordinate with marketing, supply chain, catalog team, finance / commercial and other functions of the organization.
- Ecommerce Knowledge (Basic understanding of Ecommerce Industry)
- Excel (Google Sheets), PPT Skills (Proficient), SQL (Basic)
- Driving marketplace growth of the category
- Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps,
- Supplier Relationship building
- Responsible for merchandising
- Assortment planning,
- Should have prior experience or enough knowledge & confidence to manage merchandising operations
- Inbound planning
- Catalogue monitoring
- Discount monitoring
- Discount monitoring etc should be managed.
- PnL : Owning P&L for the relevant category in alignment with business goals. The Category manager would be responsible for the revenue targets as well as the gross margins.
- Category Growth : Driving marketplace growth of the relevant category keeping in mind the consumer and competition.
- Marketing Promotions : Should drive visibility plans, promotion plans and coordinate the same between the internal marketing teams and that of the sellers
What we look for :
- Graduate from a Tier-1 College (IIT/IIM/BITS/MDI/XLRI)
- 3-7 yrs of work experience
- Startup Cultural Fit : willingness to learn, to innovate, to take initiative, to think beyond conventional dogma, ability to work in a flat organisation
- Should be good at multitasking, critical thinking and comfortable with tactical execution
- Extremely strong analytical problem solving attitude
- Proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.