Senior Consultant at Synergy Consultants
Views:371 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Senior Buyer - Plastic/Rubber/Polymers (8-12 yrs)
Purpose of Position :
Execute operational purchasing for BU and support factories. Support the implementation of strategic sourcing results in the country/factories and promote the operational efficiency in the countries. Work closely with the internal stakeholders and execute BU unique categories purchasing activities. Implement contracts, agreements, and new processes. Participate in and develop efficient standardized P2P processes.
Reporting to : Global Purchasing Manager
- Perform PL/BU purchasing according to defined strategies and frameworks :
- Lead negotiations and sign PL/BU agreements up to a defined and agreed upon value for suppliers delegated by Global Category Managers,
- Coordinate purchasing cost reduction or supplier consolidation projects by delegation of Global Category Managers,
- Review purchase requisitions and identify sources of supply for spot buys,
- Advise internal stakeholders on procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle,
- Advise stakeholders on modifications from original requests (if alternative, more cost efficient, or otherwise beneficial alternatives exist),
- Work with end user and supplier in order to resolve issues,
- Continuously track supplier performance according to defined QCDIM,
- Select BU unique categories contract/supplier to fill requisitions in accordance with defined strategy and agreements.
- Participate as required in global and regional strategic sourcing projects :
- Provide BU unique category market data and information to global strategic sourcing teams,
- Validate completeness and relevance of RFI/RFP for unique categories,
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of PL/BU specific suppliers.
- Work in close collaboration with Global Category Managers, as well as end users, to ensure local