Senior Consultant at HeadPro Consulting LLP
Views:1720 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Senior Business Systems Analyst - Product Firm (4-10 yrs)
Job Description :
Position Summary :
Provides effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the company systems. Includes assisting in the evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of assigned systems, applications, data retention rules, compliance and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department. Evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate. Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs. Teaches end users about our Archiving technology using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for the existing system. Ensures compliance, availability and performance of assigned systems and application environments through proactive as well as reactive analysis and maintenance. Key focus will be on overseeing projects and support relating to company's data archiving SOLIX Platform.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Manage data archiving projects utilizing Project management skills, organizational skills, communication skills, technical skills, and time management skills.
- Conducts business process analyses and needs assessments in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Works with business users to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions.
- Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Reviews system test plans and system tests modules before implementation.
- Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, training materials) and training for accuracy.
- Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes met project specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end-user in acceptance testing.
- Ensures that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for a project.
- Provides input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
- Learn and leverage the features available in the SOLIX software platform.
- Work with our offshore partner MouriTech to cross train on their data Migration responsibility.
- Develop/Manage SOX compliance including Change Control and Logical Access for assigned systems.
- Manage User ID setups and user ID periodic review for assigned systems.
- Management to facilitate prompt turnaround with our vendor (SOLIX).
- Coordinate with infrastructure team for follow on hardware decommissioning.
- Monitor playbook compliance with offshore partner during projects.
- Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field.
- Broad knowledge within certain technical disciplines. Database knowledge and business process knowledge important.
- Develops and applies specialized knowledge within own discipline.
- Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning.
- Knowledge of related industry considerations.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
- Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
- Assists program or process development and implementation.
- Coordinates activities and processes.
- Position will interact with employees globally working in English.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly in English and understand/work with wide variety of other's English skills.
- Ability to occasionally shift hours to accommodate global time zone scheduling needs.
Problem Solving :
- Applies research, gathering, analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
- Screens, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves data integrity issues.
- Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates problems.
- Identifies issues beyond stated situation.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, decisions or recommendations
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Involved with local or business-specific engagement initiatives in support of broader programs.
- Works with minimal onsite direction.
- Work is guided by the objectives of the area or assignment.
- Refers to established policies and precedents as needed.
- Applies discretion and independent judgment to identify when a deviation from the standard practice is required without prior approval.
- May set project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
- Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency, and quality of work.
- Contributes to an area by ensuring the quality of output.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within own area.
- Establishes working relationships with others outside the area of expertise.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other internal/external contacts.
Skills& Experience :
- Knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience, or
- Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience.
Note:- Experience in Data archiving /Data migrating, System architecting, system development methodology, Project Management, Stakeholder management.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.