Senior Business Development Manager - Defense & Aerospace Segment - Power Industry (10-15 yrs)
Key Result Areas
- Achieve 20% Y-o-Y growth in Defense &Aerospace, Academia & Research and Power market segment
- Identify major projects and build opportunity funnel of dollar 20M in target market segments achieve and incremental business of $4M per annum
- Identify a minimum of 3 new customers in the target markets and achieve dollar 500K incremental business per annum
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business managers responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company's competitors.
- Builds key customer relationships, manage existing clients, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Research, Prospect and build relationships with new clients and turn this into increased business. Identify decision makers within the client organization. Build robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives. Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's business leadership team.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system. Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals
- Identify opportunities for new products and adjacent market opportunities
- Prepare definitive territory and business segment plans based on market research and competitive analysis to identify potential markets and new products
- Development and execution of business blueprint / growth strategy for the next 3 to 5 years
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using Industry trade shows, conferences, and social media, position client solutions.
- Defining customer value proposition, go-to-market strategy and market activation
- Developing marketing and sales enablement collaterals and white papers
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Support financial reporting including forecasting, budgets, and quarterly reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. An MBA is added advantage.
- 10-15 years of sales and marketing experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Direct selling to Defense & Aerospace market. Knowledge of Power industry is added advantage
- Hands on experience in Marketing and BD activities.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting revenue goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience entering new markets, changing market scope,
- Highly collaborative individual with outstanding communication and networking skills
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: presentation, writing, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally
- Driving teams with little or no control towards a common goal - leadership by inspiration than reporting Other
- Travel: 50% - 60%
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.