Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1825 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Senior Business Analyst - General Insurance (8-10 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed, General Insurance Company with international affiliations, to identify a Senior Business Analyst. The position will be based at Mumbai.
This position is responsible for developing technical solutions to business needs and define, analyze and document requirements using the best practices to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Providing an IT interface to business units and the end users and analyse and define their business requirements and to make sure they are delivered in IT solutions.
- To work very closely with IT partner, business units and the technical development teams on all projects and establishing a strong working relationship.
- Using tools like Scrum/Agile Methodologies, PM system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts and other proprietary applications to collect and analyze data, as well as structuring queries and performing routine maintenance of reports.
- Accurate tracking and reporting of business requirements are managed through the project life cycle.
- Responsible for driving best quality practices within the project.
- Keep the senior management abreast on any issues and the performances of the IT partner on a regular basis.
- Contribute to effective negotiations with the IT partners in an efficient and effective manner that benefits the organization.
- Regularly review and audit the performance of the IT vendor against the terms and conditions as defined and agreed.
- Constantly seek to get feedback from the business and users of the IT services and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Effective maintenance of the IT Application Portfolio.
- Analysis of organizational workflow, identify the areas of possible improvement and to bring about regular improvements while complying to the company policies.
- Communicate user requirements through various system analysis and technical specification to the analyst programmers.
- Work directly with the implementation team to ensure delivery and implementation of the software solution.
- Project management and planning - Test suite development to address all possible contingency scenarios, leads testing efforts, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Providing analysis and reports by performing data extraction, analysis, manipulation, reporting and formatting.
- Manage a team of Business Analyst.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, Management or equivalent.
- At least 8 to 10 years experience in designing, implementing and managing core general insurance applications for a general insurance company.
- Extensive exposure to various core insurance systems for general insurance industry.
- Extensive experience in managing large IT vendors in medium to large organizations.
- Sound experience in managing SLAs, SCRUM/Agile methodologies, contracts, licensing agreements, maintenance agreements, renewals, terms and conditions of the IT partner.
- Experience in vendor negotiations and contribute to effective decision making.
- Experience in establishing and managing appropriate processes to ensure business and IT continuity.
- Experience in Project Management and People Management.
- Strong team player.
- Strong communication skills (read, write and speak).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Structured way of working.
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Build and develop professional or social contacts.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.