Consultant at KlicktoSearch
Views:800 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Senior Business Analyst - Bank (10-15 yrs)
Senior Business Analysis :
Department Summary :
Project Delivery Management team is responsible for providing operational Governance and oversight for Change the Bank (CTB) and Maintain the Bank (MTB) deliveries in the Middle / Back Office space. We work closely with both Ops and IT stakeholders across the Globe for Change Deliveries.
Position Description :
- The lead Business Analyst will be representing Operational business stakeholders interest in ensuring CTB project scope and objectives are clearly understood. This will be pivotal in identifying comprehensive operational project requirements across all post trade processing departments.
- It's the business analyst's role to ensure operational business requirements are documented in an articulate and unambiguous manner to facilitate user sign off and a smooth transition to IT counterparts for functional solutioning.
- CTB projects will vary from full front to back implementations, to focused departmental re-engineering across a variety of financial products such as equity, FICC, and potentially other derivatives products.
- Involvement in other project best practices such as helping assess and defining operational control models will also be expected.
- This is a hand's on role where communication, stakeholder engagement and working to tight deadlines will be instrumental in pursuing a successful career within the firm.
Job Responsibilities :
- Manage user engagement across all regional (possibly global) operational departments.
- Conduct whiteboard sessions and other effective means to garner holistic, cohesive user requirements.
- Ensure project objectives and scope are clearly understood and documented by all operational functions.
- Documentation of - As Is- vs To Be process flows.
- Assess and document user requirements at a level of quality that facilitates user sign off.
- Participate in IT engagement, ensuring user requirements are understood.
- Facilitate formal handover of user requirements allowing technology teams to produce functional specifications
- Participate in CTB operational control model discussions
- Contribute ideas as to how the process of requirements gathering can be optimized.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders across IT & operations.
- Ensure targeted milestone dates are met.
- Global Operational teams
- IT Technology teams
- Project Delivery Management team
- Project Working Group committees
- Project sponsors
- Project governance committees
- Other Key Stakeholders
- System Vendors
- Agent / Custodian banks
- External SetClear Customers
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years business analysis experience
- Solid understanding of front to back equity processes
- Prior exposure to a wide range of financial instruments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in presenting to senior key stakeholders
- Ability to illustrate and present workflows
- Have a solid understanding in most facets of operational processing such as trade capture, settlement, asset servicing, reconciliations and reference data.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and colleagues on tasks and initiatives in an assertive and proactive manner
Educational / Professional Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Professional certification in Business Analysis would be an added advantage.
CLSA is an Asia's leading capital markets and investment group, connecting global investors to insights, liquidity and capital to drive their investment strategies.
Award-winning research, an extensive Asia footprint, direct links to China and highly experienced finance professionals differentiate our innovative products and services in asset management, alternative investment, corporate finance, capital markets, securities and wealth management.
As the international platform of CITIC Securities, China's largest investment bank, CLSA is uniquely positioned to facilitate cross border capital flows and bridge China to the world and the world to China.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CLSA operates from 20 cities across Asia, Australia, the Americas and Europe.