Senior Consultant at Arcent Global HR
Views:239 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Senior Associate - TMT Practice - Law Firm (5-7 yrs)
We are a 15 year young recruitment firm named "ArCent", based at Delhi, but delivering globally.
One of our clients is a full service independent Indian law firm, founded in 2014. Have about 60 employees with office in Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore & London. Having a fully staffed office in UK in order to service the varied requirements of their clients across the globe. Have worked on diverse range of legal issues across varied sectors including international corporate cross-border transactions, insurance, infrastructure, corporate/secretarial and other compliances, project finance, real estate, litigation and dispute resolution, private client and employment matters. More details below.
Our this client is looking for a young, dynamic, enthusiastic and self motivated individual for the firms Technology Media and Telecommunications (TMT) legal matters e.g. contracts covering software and software licensing, data compliance, big data, cyber security, cloud computing, SaaS, e-commerce, e-payment, outsourcing, and supply agreements in the respective domain.
Title: Senior Associate-TMT Practice (Technology)
Location: South Delhi
Education: Bachelor of Law or Master of Law
Exp Level: 5-7.5 Years post qualification
1. Experience in advising technology companies, telecommunication companies, OTT operators, e-payment and fintech companies for regulatory compliance with India related regulations
2. Experience in advising such clients on a wide range of matters including complex commercial agreements, technology outsourcing and software development contracts, and tech-focused acquisitions and disposals
3. Knowledge of all relevant digital, technology, data protection, privacy cyber security, intellectual property laws
4. Knowledge of general corporate matters, corporate governance, data privacy, data sharing and technology and licensing transactions (including software as a service and managed services)
5. Strong transactional experience in digital, consulting, system integration, and/or outsourcing models
6. Experience of advising large, complex, and long-term projects would be a distinct advantage.
1. Excellent written and spoken skills in English and ability to present and discuss information, including complex legal issues, transactions and strategies persuasively, clearly and concisely
2. Strong consultant mindset, including a proactive, responsive, flexible and adaptable outlook and approach with commitment to providing excellent service to clients
3. Strong business acumen with desire to interact with the market and build client relationships
4. Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and coordinate multiple assignments, teams and priorities simultaneously
5. Adept in interpretation of various Laws and suggest adaptations
6. Strong legal and business judgment that inspires clients confidence
7. Experience of drafting and thereafter negotiating technology-based agreements
8. Effective and persuasive presentation of the clients position and representation of clients interests to both internal and external stakeholders
9. Adept at reviewing allocated work submitted by interns/associates
1. Suggest legal strategies and analytical responses for clients to the Partners and act as the primary point of contact for such clients
2. Advise clients on technology procurement, development, licensing, transfer, and protection of investment in the technology sector, commercialization of software applications
3. Advise and assist clients on various issues in the diverse market worldwide like the use and deployment of hardware and digital infrastructure, provision of e-commerce services and mergers and acquisitions, provision of strategic position, protection, and profit from their valuable intellectual property
4. Draft, review, negotiate and finalize technology related contracts such as consulting services, IT products, software and data processing, along with data privacy, software licensing agreements, service agreements, and distribution agreements
5. Apply legal principles and draw on experience to formulate and suggest strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients
6. Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case
7. Assist and brief Partners in the allocated matters
8. Assist, support and shadow Partners in business development activities
9. Coordinate with other team members on open matters to ensure timely completion through review, escalation etc.
10. Handle day to day client deliverables independently
11. Keep regular touch points with allocated clients and gather feedback to improve deliverables
12. Ensure work is billed to the client on time
13. Review documents / templates submitted by interns/ associates from time to time
14. Participate and conduct interviews as and when required
15. Groom and develop at least 1-2 associates every year
16. Perform other duties as and when assigned.
KINDLY APPLY ONLY IF:
1. You are working with a law firm.
2. You are a lawyer with major experience in Technology legal matters /practice.
3. Experience of drafting and thereafter negotiating technology-based agreements.
4. Willing to work as Individual contributor.
5. Willing to work from the office at South Delhi.
6. You are not expecting more than 26 LPA.
7. You are not expecting more than 40% hike.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.