Senior Associate/Team Lead - Financial Analysis & Reporting - IT (1-8 yrs)
Job Title: India IT Controller India
job title: Senior Associate Finance /Assistant Manager - Financial Analysis & Reporting
This role is expected to perform in the area of finance with heavy emphasis on Financial Analysis & Reporting. The selected candidate has to work closely with senior Finance & Functional leadership teams and have to liaise with them to prepare, extract, analyse and report on relevant financial data.
The ideal candidate should be a go getter, highly analytical, technically competent with Accounting Concepts & Principles, should be a good team player and possess excellent interpersonal & inter-departmental communication skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The candidate will also need to work on global numbers & must be prepared to work across different time zones & to adhere to strict timelines.
- Collate/analyse information on operational data and related financial data
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial analysis, variance analysis and management reports
- Monthly/quarterly closing of books of accounts, preparation of Annual Statutory Financial Statements for audit
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Balance sheet recs review, accruals & provisions, prepayment, capex/opex management, posting JV's etc
- Prepare other financial reports, trackers, monitoring reports, etc, as required for regional & global analytical purposes. Reporting will be both regular and ad-hoc.
- Billing for the services provided across the globe and ensuring no revenue leakages in the system
- Managing the intercompany transactions and ensuring timely resolution of intercompany differences
- Reconcile & monitor major project streams on revenue and cost take-ups against project plans.
- Reconcile & monitor capital expenditure and major operating spends against budgets and forecasts
- Provide support in relation to financial and improvement projects
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Management.
- Manage the provision of accurate, timely, fit for purpose information on all aspect of business unit financial performance through production of regular monthly customer-specific reports
- Strong eye on numbers, meticulous analysis of periodical financials on regular basis and ability to drill down into numbers for possible reasons for variation.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with people across all levels to ensure quality delivery.
- Ability to gain a strong understanding of the business and operations and see the bigger picture
- An proactive independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Ability to prioritise, organise & multi task across competing demands
- Ability to work in a challenging fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to work accurately to tight time frame
- 5-10 years of post-qualification experience in to core Accounting, budget, forecasting, month end closure, annual closure, variance analysis, stakeholder management, GL management
- Fair understanding of IFRS/USGAAP
- Must be numerically accurate with a - good eye for detail-, thorough, organized and consistent.
- Ability to apply logical approach while looking at each and every transaction.
- Candidate should have high level of commitment & initiative and should be computer savvy.
- Perform all tasks as per agreed standards and timelines.
- Exposure to ERP/Oracle is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience in analysis of data and reporting compilation is desirable
- CA (Inter) / MBA finance/ CWA/CMA or any other equivalent Certified Accounting Qualification is a must.